SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlromin

Long, narrow space - island/peninsula redux

girlromin
10 years ago

(Etiquette question - Hope it's OK that I'm starting a new post to catch fresh eyes. Link to October post is below, with lots of history, but also lots of stray (lovely! but untenable) ideas.)

Four months have passed, and the design challenges remain. With gratitude for ideas from controlfreak, mama_goose, lav lass, sena & kaysd, I'd love to run a few variations past you. Two by me, the last the architect's current thoughts (note fridge location, with false wall created by broom closet.)

Quick summary: family of six, kids range from 7-12ish, forever house, 1910 poured concrete! Moving kitchen so kinda new construction, but bound by position of windows, walls, etc. Low ceiling - 8' - want open feel.

I've worked out a way to get the mud room I've always wanted -- oh, yeah, for $15,000! but that *buys* me some space in the eat-in kitchen for other stuff - no more cubbies, no more bowling alley (a judgement from October).

I've been thinking about how to shift the fridge, see what you think. Also I have the sink off center to preserve prep space to the left (or will I squeeze into what's left on the right? :-). Debating best size appliances. Eager for thoughts! THANKS!

Here is a link that might be useful: My OP in October

Comments (14)