SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madtown_2006_gw

Looking for help arranging this furniture...

madtown_2006_gw
11 years ago

Hi everyone, I need some help with my son's room. I've never really liked the layout of his furniture and I was hoping you all might have some ideas for me. You may recognize me from the furniture or art...you all helped when I did his "big boy" room in our old house (bright yellow room, airplane theme). Well, we've moved and you can see the new house is quite different! :-) Anyway, here are some pics. Ideas appreciated! :-)

The room is basically a square - about 9x10. The white book rack is to the right, just as you walk in the door. Then, going counter clockwise, is the wall with the dresser and the bed, then the wall with the window (with it's lovely sheet curtain!), then the wall with the closet, then back to the door again. I would love to put the book rack next to the closet doors, where the airpane art is hanging, but it's a little too wide to fit without the bedroom door partially covering it. Maybe that is okay? It would definitely make things a lot easier but I wonder if it would look weird that the book rack is kind of behind the door. Any thoughts on that?

And, in case you are interested in some other elements in the room...the walls will be painted BM Concord Ivory (a rich golden yellow), the curtains and bedskirt will be a large navy ("cadet") buffalo check, and the carpet is being replaced with wood next week. I also have a wood headboard that I need to paint, but I haven't picked a color yet. I will probably stick with white bedding.

Here is the paint. The blue is also kind of similar to the curtain fabric. Hmmm maybe I should use the gray somewhere too?

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)