SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Selling Weedy Acres...time to stage

weedyacres
12 years ago

After successful completion of a 5-year DIY whole-house remodeling project, we are reluctantly selling our Weedy Acres to move 100 miles away, where I bought a business 2 years ago.

So I'm enlisting your help as we go room by room over the next couple months and get everything in tip top shape, to offer your generous advice on how to make the house as appealing as possible. We don't have a large budget, so need to make do with what we have, can borrow, or can acquire inexpensively.

To provide some context, this is a 4400 square foot home on 3.5 acres with 4 bedrooms (5 if you count the bonus room) and 3 1/2 baths, and will be priced in the upper 10% of the market.

First on the docket: the bonus room.

This was the last room we "remodeled." New paint, carpet, trim. I need some ideas on how to stage it. It was going to be Mr. Weedy's man cave, but not any more. Ideas? Options? Furniture? Layout? It's a 13'x20' rectangle with a 4"x6" dormer bump-out. I want it to look welcoming instead of just a big bland room.

The two interior doors lead to the upstairs furnace and a tiny closet in which we've hidden a 4-drawer file cabinet.

Comments (29)