SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gazania_gw

What I brought home from an appointment with my doctor

gazania_gw
11 years ago

Saw my doctor yesterday and was loaded down with papers by the time I got home. The doc ordered 2 rx's for which I was given 4 full sheets of instructions, side effects ect for each one. I also was given 3 more papers with details of my "Clinical Visit Summary" and 2 more with my treatment type and diagnosis code listings and another one with my insurance info and payment record.

I stopped at the pharmacy and picked up the 2 rx's. Attached to each bag was another set of instructions, etc. The same as the ones I got at the doctors office, except the print was smaller so just got 3 pages for each one.

Got home, opened the rx's to find inside their packaging was a whole 'nother set of instructions, etc. This time even smaller print so just 2 pages for each.

That adds up to 24 pages. Only the insert packaged with the scripts was printed on both sides.

This doctor's office takes pride in it's forward thinking and protecting the privacy of it's patients and the use of electronic record keeping, thus saving trees . HUH! What am I supposed to do with all these papers most of which include my name, address, and insurance info. Yes, I can shred them, but the whole thing to me is a little insane.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022