SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fantmn

new plan - kitchen remodel layout help

FantMN
13 years ago

I am posting in a new thread because my old thread did not seem to pop back to the top. I took some of the suggestions from my previous thread Old thread and did a complete redo of the plan. The first plan is as the house exist now. The second plan is the new layout / remodel. We have a grandchild that visits but other than that no kids in the house. We are looking for a functional kitchen. Both my wife and I cook, but typically not at the same time. She would like to have a small eat in area, but I do not really see a way to make that happen too. We are thinking of switching to a range rather than rangetop and double oven.

Here is the current layout of the house. The red walls are supporting walls as near as I can tell:

{{gwi:1563973}}
The steps down to the basement do not contain a landing just a set of stairs going down.

and here is the new remodel plan:

{{gwi:1563974}}

Looking for more suggestions and ideas. Feel free to comment on the bathroom and laundry as well. The cabinet in the bathroom / laundry has a pass-through to allow the hamper to be used in the bathroom and retrieved in the laundry. Kind of like a lateral laundry chute.

Thanks, Fant

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm