SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

Yesterday's (Thursday Jan. 13) Brag

runninginplace
19 years ago

Of course I did laundry in the new machines but my brag is:

I decluttered and reorganized my laundry area, which is basically one end of the garage. I share that space with a generator on one side (definitely a necessity in hurricane country!) and the water heater on the other. But my husband, bless his heart, did install great shelving above the machines, as well as a hanging rod next to them. I have a drying rack set up too. Anyway, I took everything off the shelves, cleaned them, packed up all the laundry supplies I am not using (switched to liquid detergent for example so have boxes of unopened powder, leftover fabric softener we didn't like etc) to donate to my single sisters who can use em, threw away the miscellaneous junk that had accumulated and then put out the products I do need. I've actually got OPEN SPACE on the shelves now!!!! I wish I had a digital camera so I could have taken a quick before/after shot...it really would have been classic too since the before would have also shown mounds of dirty laundry that I did while organizing :).

The new equipment works great. Biggest/best surprise: a load of towels dried thoroughly in 34 minutes. Yowza...my old dryer had been getting balkier and balkier about heavy stuff and I was up to almost 2 hours/load on towels. My kids' grungy socks also got surprisingly clean in just a regular wash. The washing machine sure doesn't use much water. I know this because, yep, I sat crouched in front with a flashlight to watch the first load cycle through.

I need professional help.

But my laundry area is organized. Yay!

Ann

Comments (7)