SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

UPDATE: pp jan swap pt 2 send & receive

skohler
15 years ago

Well We Have our partners & I do Hope you all will have lots of color to share :)

ALL New Members should Post Here by Jan 17th that you have or Have not mailed your boxes So that your Partners

who will be sending to you can get your Box out to you :)

On time

If anyone Needs more time on their box Please let us know :) this is a ok .

PLEASE USE CONF # On all Boxes they do not have to be sent prioity But it is just as cheap Up to you . But we do need to post conf# so if our partner has a PO Box It will help them to keep watch for it .

BUNNY : ME Ornery ??? Never what gave you that thought :) ??

SASSYB & LISA I Have Your Grab Bags Ready to go out in tomorrows mail if I can get out of my driveway .

will post a conf# tomorrow when they go out .

I Know I Promised a game tonight so will try to go put one together .

LINE UP

1. MICHIGANHUSSY **PICKS** NEW JERSEY GAL

2 MARY_GREATHER **PICKS***MONTANADAME

3.CAROLINA ANGEL PICKS IOWAMARGARET

4.NCGARDENGIRL***PICKS**HAZELNUTBUNNY

5.NEW JERSEY GAL PICK FLORIDIAN MADAM.

6.BRITTNEYGRAN***PICKS**GROLIKECRAZY

7.ISHAREFLOWERS** PICKS***NCGARDENGIRL

8.HAZELNUTBUNNY **PICKS MICHIGANHUSSY

9.IOWAMARGARET ***PICKS **BRITNEYGRAN

10FLORIDIAN MADAM.**PICKS***RAGGEDYANN

1. RAGGEDYANN*** PICKS*** ISHAREFLOWERS

12.GYPSYSPARROW*** PICKS**MARY_GREATHER

13 MONTANA DAME **PICKS **CAROLINA ANGEL

14 GROLIKECRAZY PICKS GYPSYSPARROW

GAME 5

Name 2 House hold Items you can use to rid your

plants of Flying Pest such as Fungus Gnats,& whiteflies .

GN ALL

susie

Comments (150)

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I received my box from Fran today! Here's what she sent:

H-Honeydew melon scented candle & Heuchera 'pewter veil'
    A-Annual cut flower mix
    Z-Zinnia envy
    E-English daisy double mixed colors
    L-Lettuce bib
    N-Nasturtium dwarf singles mix
    U-Unused zip lock seed baggies
    T-Tulip note pad
    B-Body butter vanilla scented
    U-Unused plant markers
    N-Nasturtium dwarf alaska mix
    N-Nutty/seed suet cake
    Y-Yarrow summer pastel mix

M-Morning glory heavenly blue
    E-English breakfast loose leaf tea
    L-Lettuce grande rapids
    I-Icicle radish
    S-Squirrel deterrent (red pepper flakes!)
    S-Strawberry scented body butter
    A-Aster crego mix

WOW! Fran, I can't believe you did my NAME as well as my GW ID! :O)
    Thanks so much!! I love everything! You were very creative!(Adora made off with the body butter, so I'm gonna have to go arm wrestle her for it...LOL...)

• galium
    15 years ago

Great box Melissa. Fran you really pack a nice box.

Theresa-Your box went out today.
    DC# 0308 2690 0001 9666 5144

Hugs to everyone,
    Mariann

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Incredible Heirloom Totally Tasty Tomatoes Sign Up pt2

Q

Comments (46)
    I did not know that the prize pack went missing. When did you send them out Kathy? Sometimes if it is short postage, it takes a while to get back to you. I was short postage on a letter once and I did not get it back for almost a month! So maybe it is just in transit somewhere. how long ago did you send the pack? Did you send out yout tomatoes the same day? I got the mail today already and I did not get anything. Hope it works out! Christy Also, have not heard from these people yet jrw6404 luv daisies tndandelion gallaure strmywthr3 grovespirit douglasls PLEASE!!!!! let me know if you are still in and if your seeds are on their way!!!!! Also, anyone who sent in a lot of packets who does not need as many packets back in return, please let me know! I am trying to make up for all of the multiples I recieved for some varieties. Oh and Becky, yes, when this is all over, I will get together with you and share all the multiples that are too many to go back into the swap. Thanks! Christy
    ...See More

update: pp's july swap #?

Q

Comments (150)
    First off let me say once again say I am such an IDIOT! Vic honey, I messed up on your box, I was thinking I had the large flat rate box BUT when I got to the PO the postmaster told me it was the 10.00 whatever box soooo I am sorry about that. Anyway, I had the wrong postage on it, I had the amount needed to send the Large Flat rate box so we had to remove some postage and he forgot to give me my DC#.... IT DOES HAVE ONE, I JUST DON'T KNOW what it is, he will save it for me and I can get it Monday BUT I hope by then you will have it. Anyway, I am sorry I screwed up. I had to take the plants out of their pots to fit them into the box, I was wondering why everything had to be taken out and I was thinking the box looked awful small BUT I always think those boxes look small even when I have the 'LARGE' flat rate box. I remember how big they used to be, they we bigger years ago ANYWAY, I digress.... PLEASE forgive me, but we were in a rush at the post office the mail truck was already there to pick up and I THOUGHT he gave me the thing but I can't remmeber if he did or not and IF he did then I lost it in our truck but I searched it over and can't find it so I really don't know. ANYWAY, all your plants did fit so that is a good thing. I also included some other little things I hope you appreciate the gesture! Please let me know if something doesn't make it, it all looked great when I packed it but you know how traveling goes. The echies were small when I got them so they have grown a tad, I would put those back in a pot and baby them over winter if I were you, like in a garage or something. OH and there is something in there with no name, one is a NOID it is solid green I thought you would appreciate it and the other I have a name and when you open the pack with them in it which is in the very bottom of the box you will know what I am talking about when you get it I will send you the name of it. DO NOT OPEN IN THE HOUSE unless you want to make a mess, there is soiless mix on pretty much everything, just to forewarn you! Ok, I think that is it...HOPE YOU ENJOY THE BOX! :) Fran
    ...See More

UPDATE: Spooktacular Halloween Swap (part 2)

Q

Comments (150)
    I haven't grown many pumpkins for eating. I have grown a basic sugar pie pumpkin they are ok. As I understand it, New England Pie, Baby Pam, Fairytale and Cinderella Pumpkins are all very good. And all on my want list. :) So far this year, the Blue Hubbard is my ultimate favorite. YUM. It is like sweet potato, but better. I'd like to use those for breads and pies. Also, tonight we cut into a butternut we grew and it was the ORANGEST butternut I have ever seen and it was the best tasting too.
    ...See More

update: wlomwl swap 2012 (part 2)

Q

Comments (145)
    It was a busy hectic day at work today, a typical Monday ... so it was a lovely thing when I checked my mailbox and found a beautiful stuffed envelope full of wonderful seeds !!! Thank you Pat for all your hard work and thank you to everyone who shared seeds with me ! I love them all and can hardly wait till spring so I can get busy planting ! ( will actually wintersow some ) This is always such an awesome swap ! Iris
    ...See More
  • Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

What fun these boxes are!

My box to Annie went out today DC # 03080070000096688333.

Just came from allergist with my son. They did more skin testing and he has improved since two years ago but still will start shots this spring.

That's all for my day today :)

Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Bunny, I would let her have it...lol. I got another thing of those scents cause I thought they would smell good I thought they were awful and I thought OH Bunny will hate these...oh well, she can let the kids play with them LOL...and she took it hehe....That's funny, maybe I have a wave link with the little ones what you think?
    Now that's funny, I don't care who you are...hehe Actually, you would'd have to read something else to understand but Miss Bunny breeches knows what I am talking about don't cha now? LOL
    (Miss Mariann does too! hehe)
    Ok, maybe I am just sleep deprived, lol....later ya'll

:) Fran

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nice Box Bunny :) I Have to admit that when I thought up this theme I really wondered if you all would have fun with this or not :) But I see you all have great
    Ideas to put a smile on your partners face :)
    So Clever you are :) .

Can hardly wait to read about the rest of the boxes :)
    well time for me to go feed water my critter last time for the night .
    GN All

susie

BOXES RECEIVED

1. MICHIGANHUSSY
    3.CAROLINA ANGEL
    4.NCGARDENGIRL******** RECEIVED
    5.NEW JERSEY GAL****** RECEIVED
    6.BRITTNEYGRAN
    7.ISHAREFLOWERS
    8.HAZELNUTBUNNY ******RECEIVED
    9.IOWAMARGARET
    10FLORIDIAN MADAM

1. RAGGEDYANN

13 MONTANA DAME**** RECEIVED
    14 GROLIKECRAZY

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Susie~ I will get your box out on Thursday or Friday.....that's later than I wanted, I had planned to go out today. But the weather was YUCKY today (so cold!) and tomorrow is looking chilly too. Thursday warms up to the high 60s, though...if you can believe that! So I can get the baby out then. I'm sorry it's going to be later than I had originally said. :O(

Oh, and our weather is supposed to go BACK to being cold this weekend, with SNOW & SLEET on Monday & Tuesday!
    Gee Whiz! No WONDER everyone is so sick!! :P

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey Melissa if your ground is frozen you can just stick that Heuchera in a pot and put it back outside. It was outside here and looked happy until I dug it up...lol.
    Go ahead and cut those larger leaves off though, might help it adjust better. Unless you want to baby it inside until Spring?

I don't know if you have one of those defuser balls for loose teas or not, if you don't you can always put it in the coffee maker. I hope you like that flavor, you know I don't branch out much and was afraid to try them...lol.

I forgot to mention this earlier...brain don't function well I thought it was too funny about the little scarfing up everything and running with it....lol.

Ok everyone, stay warm, stay safe and BE CAREFUL we seem to be having falls going around now, people getting hurt!

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Not A Problem Bunny I'm sure even if Boxes are out by the 26th they will still arrive on time :)

Sorry I don't have much time this morning but I have to get ready for dads B-Day Party He will be 96 on Sunday
    so all Most the Kids & many of the GKids & a Few GGKids
    & a few friends from the church will be here .
    Don't ask where I will put them all thats why it is just a open house like I had for margaret & it worked out just right :) If weather is bad I won't have to worry about many of them comming :)

Well you all have a great day will check back later on my luch break :)

susie

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies--Just letting you know I received the wonderful exchange from ConnieSC. What a great package she sent. I want to do it justice so am waiting until I have enough time to list all enclosures & the neat story she wrote.

Vic-I see you have Connie to send to & due to her being new were to wait until she sent. She sent & out did herself. I know she will be pleased with what you send to her, also. I am still praying for you with your quitting smoking. Don't give up!!!

Will report back soon. Blessings,Margaret

Connie, This is for you!

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Ladies-I hope this works as I want you to see what Connie wrote to me when sending my exchange. It is so great & I really enjoyed it. I know each of you will too. Blessings, Margaret

One hot & humid afternoon Margaret decided to spend some time outside. Before going outdoors, she put her hair up in some of her Ouchless ponytails holders. In the garage she grabbed her container of gardening supplies. She slipped her bug-off insect repellent on her wrist & grabbed her gloves & rake.
    She worked in her garden around her new Rose of Sharon & Anagallis Monellii, preparing the soil or the additional seed that Connie sent her. Although Margaret was very tired & soaked from all of her hard work, she moved to her deck to check on her container plants. She picked up her watering can & filled it with water & Miracle Grow. Upon inspection the Water Worm was dry indication that she indeed needed to water her sunflowers: Elf & Apricot Twist. As she gave them a good drink she was very careful not to get her cute Turtle pot plant marker wet.
    As Margaret prepared fro a nice hot soak in her bathtub filled with Aromatherapy smoothing milk, she reflected on her afternoonÂs accomplishment & thought to herselfÂthe people I have met on GW are great. I need to logon & see if anyone has anything new to trade with me.

I- Insert repellent
    O-Ouchless ponytail holders
    W-Water Worm
    A-Anagallis Monellii (seeds)

M-Miracle Grow
    A-Aromatherapy soothing milk
    R-Rake
    G-Gloves
    A-Apricot Twist (sunflower seeds)
    R-Rose of Sharon (seeds)
    E-Elf
    T-Turtle pot plant marker

Other seeds-Datura-Purple & White & Moonflowers

I highlighted & changed the color on the articles received when I re-wrote on Word but it didn't transfer to here. Can anyone tell me how to get words to change color here on GW? Thanks & enjoy!

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Margaret What a great Letter & Box :) Well done Connie :) .

Nice sunny day & it is A great day for some spring cleaning in the house :) so I've been washing a few walls & cleaned a couple closets :) more to do but just had to have a cup of coffee :) back to work .

susie

BOXES RECEIVED

1. MICHIGANHUSSY
    3.CAROLINA ANGEL
    6.BRITTNEYGRAN
    7.ISHAREFLOWERS
    9.IOWAMARGARET********RECEIVED
    10FLORIDIAN MADAM

1. RAGGEDYANN

14 GROLIKECRAZY

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Good Afternoon,

Theresa, thank you! and I can't wait to see what you are sending.

Fran, thanks for listening to me ;O), and thanks for informing Vic what I was trying to say but didn't finish what I meant by the plants getting too hot in the containers. (Did I ever mention I switch subjects really fast; just ask my sister)

Lisa, I will be sending your package out tomorrow. However, like I've mentioned before, I have been bad and have not collected any seeds this past fall.(shame on me) Anyway, when I went shopping I found that our local Wal-mart and Farm King have no seeds in yet. So, tomorrow I will mail out your box, and for some of the letters that I didn't find anything I thought you would like, I will be sending something else. Well, I won't be sending but it will be mailed out in the next 4-5days to you. I will let you know in your package what it is and where it is coming from. :O):O) NOW DO I HAVE YOUR CURIOSITY UP?

Susie, sorry I missed you this morning. I know you will have a great turn out for your Dad's birthday.

Margaret, did you get your Magazine?

ANITA, (I'M DOING A HAPPY DANCE) I'm thrilled you are coming out of hibernation. Now, wonder where Sassy and Tracy are, and DO YOU GUYS HEAR OR SEE ME? LOL

I really need to start cleaning out closets, and take stuff to our local shelter of things we do not use or wear any longer. I don't know why I save the things I do, and I don't classify my self as a pack rat butt..........

Sometimes I like the old me when there was a place for everything and everything had its place. But then, "the old me" was boring cause I was so busy putting everything in its place I didn't have time for the finer things in life like digging in the dirt, looking in seed/plant catalogs and being here.

I need coffee!(did I ever mention I am a coffee addict.) Doctor tells me not to drink it cause of my high blood pressure, and I do know it is not good for me. I do however tell my doctor I don't smoke or drink, and don't even think of taking my coffee away. LOL

Vic, hang in there hon, I know quit smoking is hard to do, and I hope both Zack and you are feeling better. Again, your puppies are so cute.

Ok, I've wrote a book,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

I know I have mentioned this before to everyone but I want to say it again. If I've sent you something and you don't like it. You can always re gift it, it will not hurt my feelings in the least bit, and I will be happy to send you something else. So don't be afraid to tell me. I would rather you guys be happy little campers.

Also I love duplicate things I have sisters that want one of every plant I have.( I tell them you have to wait for stuff to multiply!)

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Margaret here are the instructions for changing the color of the text. Don't put in any commas after and before the signs. If I didn't put the comma in it would think it was html and you couldn't see what I wrote.
    2. what you want to say

To Change size

2, text

Remember don't put in the commas..

You don't always need to put the "" around the color, but sometimes it comes up as a different color if you don't.

Shirley

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Hello Ladies,

I'm sorry I haven't popped in to say hello, my neck is out again. The nerves are on fire and sitting on the computer is a no no for me right now.

Annie, it's okay! You don't have to spell out my whole name. I'm sure I'll be happy with whatever comes in the box for me, no need for anything else to be mailed.

I hope everyone is well and Vic,I want a puppy!!!!

Gotta go lay down again.

Have a great night
    Lisa

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Thanks, Shirley for the instructions. I will be sure & try them soon. I am still working & thinking for your box. I loved the picture of your precious grandson. Aren't they wonderful?

Annie-I haven't received my magazine yet but my mail has been slow lately. Will let you know when it arrives & thanks so much for it!

Supposed to be much warmer tomorrow. It must be our January thaw & I'm looking forward to it. The snow has been so beautiful but now is dirty & has lost that beauty. Blessings, Margaret

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Lisa, nope, it is already ordered and will be mailed to you from...OOPS I can't say where. I will tell you when I put a note in your box. I don't want to spoil your surprise. I'm sorry you are hurting.

Margaret, I was hoping the next one will come directly to you; We will see.

I can't wait for spring. I want, I want, I want. Dayliy, Hosta and bearded iris, OH MY!

Everyone I hope you have a good night.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Wow, quiet day. Where is everyone?

I received my beautiful package from Mariann today. Mariann, you have beautiful tase and an eye for color.

Mariann sent me:

Floral Arrangement (pink) - so cute
    Light Sage Garden Gloves - I needed new ones!
    Oatmeal Massage Soap - wonderful scent!
    Rudbeckia f. 'Goldstrum' seeds
    Ink Pad Purple
    Dimensional Stickers
    Ink Pad Blue
    Asclepias t. 'hello yellow'
    Notecards

Memo Pad/Mixed Echinacea Seeds/Mixed Laurentia seeds
    African Tuquoise Beads
    Daylily Seeds (pardon me and Border music)
    Aloe Fresh Hydrating Hand Lotion - perfect for car
    Matthiola 'Cinderella' seeds

Mariann, thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. I am now well stocked on craft supplies, interesting seeds, and items to pamper myself with ;)

I think we are to have warmer temps this weekend so I hope to get outside and get some stuff done!

Theresa

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

What, not one post today???

Connie, that was tooooo cute! I love that letter you sent to Margaret! What a great box!

Margaret, sounds like you are all set for spring planting and the after relaxation!

Thanks for all the non-smoking support! I'm still doing good! Haven't smoked at all! BUT, there are times I really want one! Today at work one of the girls really made me mad, we have been going at it on and off, I wanted to go out and have a cig. so bad and cool off, instead I walked over to the hospital cafeteria and got breakfast! I can feel the weight coming on, and on, and on! LOL

Lisa, just so happens I have one puppy left to be claimed! But, I am still debating over which one we should keep, Jamie picked out one and Zack picked out another, the one Zack picked out is very quite and shy and loves to be held and cuddled, I'm really leaning twards her : )
    I hope your neck feels better soon! That is a bummer!

Annie, yes we are feeling better, I am still tired, but he seems to be fine (we both still have the nasty runny nose)

Ok girls, I am off to bed, haven't slept well all week, Zack woke me up 3 times last night with bad dreams, I woke myself up 2 or 3 times with strange dreams, and the dogs woke me up twice also! GRRR!

Night,
    Vicky

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Susie's box is on it's way, DC# 0308 0730 0001 0937 6405
    I hope you enjoy everything I picked for you, Susie! :O)

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

THERESA THANKS FOR THE GREAT BOX!

Included in my box of goodies were:

R= Rocky Road Brownie Mix.(yummy)

A= Alliums and Anemones (will pot these up )

G= Gloves in Gator Colors (Yes, congratulations on wining the national football championship)

G= Grow Kit/ Crocus

E= Even your kitties will enjoy this cute pot sitter.

D= Daylily "Get Set" ( I didn't have this one, thank you so much. I'm sure it will be fine potted up here in the house)

Y= Yard and Garden project Book and yummy Whitmans's chocolates. (hubby ate them already and the book is fantastic!)

A= Assorted packets of seeds. Dark purple Delphinum, Echineacea Pallida, Formosa Lily, and Malva, Zebrina.

N= Notecards, (I love these, they have Raggedyann on them!)

N= Narcissus bulbs that I will plant up in pots.

Theresa, thanks so much for the great box! You went out and above and I love everything you sent.

It is suppose to get cold out again tonight and I have to return to work.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

ZINNIA, Giant Scarlet Flame.
    Thank you again!

LISA.... You delivery Confirmation Number is:
    0307 0020 0000 3240 0841

ANNIE

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hey everyone!

Annie ~ not sure if you meant me or sassyd? lol (speaking of.. I was thinkin' about her yesterday.. anyone heard from her?)

Just had to pop in and say hello.. I'm doing several MASS seed swaps right now, on top of (yes still..) sorting boxes and organizing in the new place.. Busy busy busy!

All these boxes sound just wonderful!! Love the name idea!

I'd love to host one month.. just need to decide WHEN..lol I'll let'cha know!

Take care everyone!
    ~Wendy

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Yes I meant you too. I'm glad you are thinking of hosting for us one month. Just pick away.

I will do my birthday month which is in May, and of course I can do any of the months if no one wants to. I really kinda like doing it.

I should have copied and pasted the months.

Jan..... Susie
    February
    March
    April
    May.....Annie/raggedyann161420
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• conniesc
    15 years ago

I am willing to host a month, I think it would be fun... but can someone give me some ideas of past events.. maybe that will kick my creative mind ( ha-ha not so much) into gear.

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

I can host too but not in the fall or late summer. I could do April or June?

Glad you liked the box, Annie. Be sure to tell me if that daylily doesn't last...I will be happy to send more in spring.

Theresa

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Thanks Annie! I think I will take October if that's ok w/ everyone. Gives me PLENTY of time to focus on the new yard this season, will be kind of a winding down sorta month.. yea.. I would love to do October! :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Margaret-Yes I agree grandchildren are the best. I have been fortunate that mine live right beside us. DH tells their Mom and Dad that once they cross the fence over into our yard it is sanctuary (no spankings) over here. I am in no hurry for the swap box and will love anything you send.

Lisa-Hope your neck is getting better. I can sympathize with anyone with neck pain. Years ago my neck was really messed up from a car wreck that I was in. I went to the chiropractor every day for months and months.

Susie-I guess you are still busy with preparations for your Dad's Birthday. Wow 96 that is great. Hope this will be his best Birthday ever.

Shirley

• galium
    15 years ago

Theresa I'm glad your box arrived safely. I was afraid the little floral arrangement would get squashed.

Vic-I'm so sorry you're having a hard time at work. That really makes for a miserable day. Plus all that stress. Keep up the good work with the smoking. You're doing great.

Annie-That's a wonderful box Theresa sent you.

I'll hostess in September.

Susie-Your dad's birthday is going to be great!

Lisa-I've got problems with my neck too. I can really sympathize.

I have to drive over to my DD's this morning very early to take her shopping. Her DH drove down to Florida to see his grandmother. She was diagnosed with stomach cancer.

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry for being gone a couple days thursday I took Peanut to the vet have to wait for test to come back butit might be her thyroids . will know in a week.

then I got busy with other things when I got home .
    then yesterday when I tried to sign in all i could get was internet explorer could not find this site , it happened on other sites also .
    I cleaned out all my files defrag you name it well still nothing last night .

But looks as if I'm back to normal now crazy computor:)
    can't be this old operater HEHE

ANNIE I Copied & Paste a list for ya :) & Like You It is allot of fun Hosting & I can help with months that no one else can do .

The only Month I cannot do is JULY The GALs I Went to school with there is 6 of us will be turning the Big 60
    this year & So We want to go do something crazy any IDEAS :)

CONNIESC : As I told you Annie & I or anyone here will be happy to help you through it & How about if you take FEB Valentines BOX To Get your FEET WET :) ????

If I have missed anyone & you have receive your box please let me know .

Lisa welcome back girl missed ya :)

Grolikecrazy Hope you are still around like to have ya pop in also .

will do a Fun Game in a bit :)

I Better get busy chat again soon .

SUSIE

BOXES RECEIVED

1. MICHIGANHUSSY
    3.CAROLINA ANGEL
    6.BRITTNEYGRAN
    7.ISHAREFLOWERS
    10FLORIDIAN MADAM*****RECEIVED

1. RAGGEDYANN ******RECEIVED

14 GROLIKECRAZY

PP 2009 SWAPS

JAN: SUSIE
    FEB:
    MAR:
    APRIL: THERESA
    MAY: ANNIE
    JUNE:
    JULY:
    AUG:
    SEPT: GALIUM
    OCT: SASSYBUTTERFLY
    NOV:
    DEC:

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

I will take July.

PP 2009 SWAPS

FEB:
    MAR:
    JUNE:
    JULY: SHIRLEY
    AUG:
    NOV:
    DEC:

Shirley

• conniesc
    15 years ago

Ok I will take Feb. Actually I will post for it today.. that way we can try to get them sent in the middle of the month :)

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

PP 2009 SWAPS

FEB: CONNIESC VALENTINE SWAP
    MAR:
    JUNE:
    JULY: SHIRLEY
    AUG:
    NOV:
    DEC:
    PP 2009 SWAPS

GRAB BAG GAME 8

LAST ONE & OPEN TO ALL FOR ANYONE WHO CAN GET THE MOST
    RIGHT ANSWERS .

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

1. What condiment can be used as an effective weed killer?

A.Sugar
    B.Salt
    C.Vinegar
    D.Ketchup

2. You spot a really healthy looking plant at the nursery, but it has lots of roots growing through the holes in the bottom of the container. What should you do?

A. Buy a completely different plant instead
    B . Buy it, and when planting it, tease out the long roots
    C. Save your guarantee
    D. Rip the roots off while no one is looking

3. What is the most organic means to help to prevent pest attacks?

A. Spray with selective pesticides
    B. Welcome useful critters, insects, and birds into your garden
    C. Squish every insect in sight
    D. Aerial spray with Malathion

4. What is a weed?

A. Any plant growing in the wrong place
    B. A plant that comes up unexpectedly
    C. Any plant that you didn't plant
    D. Something you smoke
    5 . What is a dibble?

A. A hand tool used to make holes in the ground for planting seeds
    B. A measuring cup for mixing fertilizer
    C. A plant marker
    D. An apprentice gardener

6. What do the three numbers on fertilizer containers refer to?

A. Ratio between phosphorus, nitrogen, potassium
    B. Ratio between nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium
    C. Ratio between phosphorus, gravel, nitrogen
    D. Ratio between potassium, phosphorus, nitrogen

7.What does the nutrient phosphorous do for plants?

A. Encourages rooting, blooming and fruit production in plants
    B. Helps plants resist disease
    C. Makes plants glow in the dark
    D. Encourages thick, lush growth

8.When is the correct time to prune spring flowering shrubs?

A. The moment dad gets a new chainsaw
    B. Late winter
    C. Early fall
    D. Immediately after blooming

9. What is the common name for Myosotis sylvestris?

A. Marigold
    B. Impatiens
    C. Forget-me-not
    D. Catmint

1. What kind of water feature is a rill?

A. Fountain
    B. Imitation stream
    C. Pond
    D. Ocean wave

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

C.Vinegar

2. You spot a really healthy looking plant at the nursery, but it has lots of roots growing through the holes in the bottom of the container. What should you do?
    C. Save your guarantee

1. What is a weed?
      5 . What is a dibble?

C. Forget-me-not

B. Imitation stream

WHEW, that's what ya call a pop quiz! I didn't expect that when I logged on! LOL

Connie, I am going to get a couple more things for your box and plan on sending Monday, I'll post the DC# when I get it : )

I thought about changing your name (since Susie said I could) and making it easier on myself, but I had fun with the challenge of coming up with things in your letters!

Susie, you did a great job with this swap! It has been a lot of fun!

Vicky

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Okay, so I can play....whoo hoo

My answers are the same as vic's with the exception of #2,

I say you buy it and tease all the roots when replanting.

Lisa

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Vic,

I had all my answers typed and my internet connection got lost! I hate when that happens. I went to repost and you had done yours already.

We will have to wait and see about #2 huh.

I'm going out to dinner with some friends, I'll be anxious to see who was right.

I'll check back later

Lisa

Lisa

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

C.Vinegar

4. What is a weed?

5 . What is a dibble?

C. Forget-me-not

B. Imitation stream

Wooohooo, pop quiz!!! What fun,

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Opps, I didn't read past Vic's thread before I started answering the questions. I see Lisa had answered too.

BTW Annie, I was glad I could help you out with you decision :)!!! Hope you not working too hard now.

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well Vic I;m Sorry But Lisa is Right about # 2

" So LISA YOU"VE WON AGAIN "

Wish I Had Lots More To Hand out :) For this has been Fun :) & You Gal's Are just to smart :) & So very QUICK
    To ANSWER .

well I'm going to settle back for the Night My arm is wore out from BOWLING On A WII Game I think they call it :) hehe Oh But so much fun .

GN All

susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Congrats to Lisa!

Susie, I received your package yesterday. What a surprise! I wasn't expecting one. Ladies, Susie sent me an ADORABLE doorstop man (I've actually desperately been needing a doorstop in my classroom. When I go into the closet, the door closes behind me and my students are left unsupervised. Now this will add some adorable charm!), a cute rooster coffee mug, and an apple-themed kitchen towel. Thank you so much, Susie.

In my opinion, Susie has gone above and beyond in this month's swap. She has sent out so many "prize" packages! I think we should all give a huge thanks to her! The games have been fun and kept everyone involved. I have truly enjoyed this month's swap and am glad I have joined this wonderful group.

Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Yeap, Susie has done a fantastic job and I told her that in an email...I hope she knows how special she made this months swap!

Thanks Susie for being a terrific hostess!

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It Has Been fun & I hate for it to Be comming to an end here soon But I will do another month :) & Will Have to do some research on stumping these gals they are just to quick :) & Smarties :)

Theresa I just wanted to have a couple surprises :) . I hope the cup made it without being broken . as for BUBBA The Door stop I Thought he was so cute & I'm going back to the store to see if they have more I need one here :) .

Fran ty I do love these swaps & all of you gals are fun so that helps allot :)

I'm so tired out tonight after Haven all the kids & GKids Here & So very sore from that WII GAME I Played yesterday I can hardly sit up much longer :) This ole Body Just Not want it use to be HEHE.

Anyway wanted to share a Picture Of daddy & His Cake Scooping up his HOME MADE ICE CREAM with you all .
    & A Link to a couple other pictures of the Kids packed into our small home :) Like sardines but was a fun day for all .

I will TRY To Post a Fun Game tomorrow when I'm not so whipped :) GN My Friends

& Don't forget to go over & Let connie Know If you can Join us for a valentines swap .

susie

Here is a link that might be useful: DADDYS 96Th B-DAY

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Theresa, I just seen your post for your box, we musta been posting at the same time. You got a great box!

Annie, yours was a great one too!

Congrats Lisa! I knew that was the wrong ans. but I guess I was in a hurry! LOL

Susie, your Dad looks great for 96! Your house doesn't look that crowded, I bet it was a great time!
    And yes! like I said earlier, You are doing a Terrific job with this swap! It's been lots of fun! : ) THANK YOU!!

Mariann, I'm not having a hard time with work, just one woman in paticular, and I was told by the doc that the one thing that always remains a constant with her is that no one can get along with her! So, I know it's not just me, and I am too stubburn to give in and will give it right back to her. : )
    I hope it is nothing serious with your car, that is the worst!

Off to bed, night girls!
    Vic

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vic Pretty crowed when you get 22 adults & Kids In a
    trailer :( some of the kids were out side on the hill
    but it was fun .

Well I Received MY Great Box from BUNNY Today :)
    & Here's What I got .

M--MOISTURIZING HAND SOAP "SURE USE THOSE"
    I--INERESTING !'SPARKY" SUNFLOWER SEED
    C-- COPPER BIRD HANGERS "SOOOO CUTE "
    H--"HEAVENLY GODDEST" SUNFLOWER SEEDS
    I--INSTANT NECTAR CONCENTRATE FOR HUMMERS
    G-- GREAT!! "VANILLA ICE" SUNFLOWER SEEDS
    A--ASSORTMENT OF GREAT SEEDS LISTED BELOW
    N--NICE !! "RED SUN" SUNFLOWER SEEDS

H-- HAND TRAWEL LOOOONG ONE :) LOVE IT ,NEED IT,
    U-- UNNIQUE "CHERRY ROSE " SUNFLOWER SEEDS
    S-- SEASON LONG PETER'S PLANT FOOD PELLETS HEAVY
    S--SQUARE JIFFY POTS :) SURE WILL NEED THESE
    Y-- YUMMY M&M'S MELT IN YOUR MOUTH NOT IN YOUR HANDS :)

MELISA THANK YOU FOR THE THOUGHT IN PUTTING MY BOX
    TOGEATHER.
    I Love sunflowers But I know I will also be planting a few of these others you shared with me .
    mex hat, cup plant, glonoso daisy,cosmo ladybird lemon,dianthus spooky, birds eye,scabiosa black knight,
    partridge pea, catchfly, schizanthus butterfly orchid,
    pink gas plant, blood flower, maltese cross, chrysthemum,
    clitoria dbl blue pea vine,dahlia black beauty.

I sure wish I had a Greenhouse maybe i better order a small one :)

WELL I'M GOING TO GO SEE IF i CAN FIND A FEW QUIZZES :)

SUSIE

BOXES RECEIVED

1. MICHIGANHUSSY ******RECEIVED
    3.CAROLINA ANGEL
    6.BRITTNEYGRAN
    7.ISHAREFLOWERS
    10FLORIDIAN MADAM*****RECEIVED

1. RAGGEDYANN ******RECEIVED

14 GROLIKECRAZY

PP 2009 SWAPS

FEB:
    MAR:
    JUNE:
    JULY:
    AUG:
    NOV:
    DEC:

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

FILL IN THE BLANKS

1..When starting your garden seedlings indoors, plant the seeds in ______________. --the________is a natural fertilizer!

2. When your hands are badly stained from gardening, add a teaspoon of _________ to the soapy lather you wash them IN.

3.Plant a few sprigs of ________ near your tomato plants to prevent tomato worms on your plants

4.Homemade Fertilizer
    Ingredients:
    1 Can of ______
    1 Cup of ______________
    1 Cup of ______________
    2 Cups of __________
    GOOD LUCK

susie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

FILL IN THE BLANKS
    1..When starting your garden seedlings indoors, plant the seeds in compost. --the compost is a natural fertilizer! Guess

2. When your hands are badly stained from gardening, add a teaspoon of SUGAR to the soapy lather you wash them IN.

3.Plant a few sprigs of DILL near your tomato plants to prevent tomato worms on your plants

4.Homemade Fertilizer
    Ingredients:
    1 Can of BEER
    1 Cup of EPSOM SALTS
    1 Cup of AMMONIA
    2 Cups of WATER

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

NICE GUESS FRAN YOU HAVE 3 OUT OF 4 RIGHT :)

KEEP TRYING :)

GOING TO BINGO TONIGHT WILL CHECK BACK IN THE MORNING .
    GN ALL

SUSIE

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Well, I am stumped on that one...I have no idea what it could be....

I tried, anyone else have an answer?

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Morning ladies!

I hope everyone is staying warm out there, it's cold here today. We are expecting about a foot of snow tomorrow.ugh!

WOW, I won another gameI'll take a shot at this one too! My answers to 1 qnd 3 will be the same as Frans. #2 could be salt too! #4, I'm going to guess as

beer,epsom,ammonia and soda or

beer,epsom,ammonia,water

molasses,ammonia,dish liquid,beer

these are in order, the last one listed will be the two cup item.

Lisa

There are so many different recipes in my books, these are guesses!

I'm just playing for fun!!!

• skohler
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Going To Go start a New thread . so will post the
    up-dates there .

susie