SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jjam08

CL lesson learned; less is more

jjam
10 years ago

I fell in love with some CL tables and a chair yesterday. Once I got the measurements I was a little concerned about the height of the tables. They are 20" high; where my current coffee table is about 16" high. I thought they would be ok because they have glass tops, and when I saw them, I fell in love and bought them even though there was a tiny element of doubt; only for their size.

I got them home and I'm afraid my first instincts were correct. These photos are not the best, but you can compare the new tables to my current one.

Here is my current table. (I also bought the chair to the left of my desk. Also fell in love!)

{{!gwi}}

Here is the same set up with the new tables:

{{!gwi}}

As some of you know, I've also been considering some cane back chairs for my LR, so I tried them, too.

{{!gwi}}

Please ignore the mess and pillow placement, etc. I wanted to get these photos taken quickly and then put the new CL stuff away for now.

I think I acted too quickly and was kind of infatuated with the tables....and then saw the chair too and loved it! I still love all of what I got, but honestly think they are too much for my space. My LR has a 5 ft grand piano on the opposite wall, so the seating area can get crowded in a hurry.

I think my purchases today will likely be re-listed on CL.

So lesson learned; trust your gut, and sometimes less IS more!

Here is a link that might be useful: CL cocktail tables

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz