SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodel_mama

finished kitchen pics... but it doesn't feel finished

remodel-mama
13 years ago

Hi all,

Well, we are technically finished. But I still need help "accessorizing." The backplash is looking too blah to me. It's actually a lot creamier than it looks in these pics (I think it's called something like Victorian Cream), but the secton behind the range seems to be screaming out for some sort of accent piece. So, my question to you experienced, savvy, resourceful, wonderful people is - what are some (preferably non-flamable ;) decorating options for behind the range??

1) Should I find some decorative tile (with terra cotta in it) and make a 'moveable' backsplash to hang there? circuspeanut had some suggestions in an earlier post (see link below)

2) Could I hang some sort of mirror? I was thinking a paned mirror would look good - but it would need to be metal (instead of wood panes)

3) a wall clock?

4) a shelf maybe with a row of decorative tile above/below?

Sorry - this is not a very clear picture of the island, but just wanted to give you an idea...

I will post the details soon on the cabinets, appliances, colors soon...

Thanks everyone :)

Here is a link that might be useful: circuspeanut's tile suggestion for backsplash (from Peter LaBau's The New Bungalow Kitchen)

Comments (22)