SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzatwork

Finished Kitchen - Feels good to be done!

suzatwork
15 years ago

First of all, thanks so much to all of you for your direct and indirect input. Thankfully I tripped across Gardenweb when I did, because it has been a wealth of information for me. Who knew there would be so many decision points in this remodel, and I am one to research and analyze each one:) I have learned so much!!

Our lay-out has stayed pretty much the same as before with a few enhancements. Our ceilings are 9 feet and some of the cabinets now extend to the ceiling. The island is slightly larger to accommodate seating for 2. The desk has been replaced with a coffee/breakfast/snack area that has eliminated a lot of traffic in the work zone by my kids. Great side benefit to the additional storage on that wall! Also, we added banks of drawers where there were base cabinet shelves for easier access to things. That was another great Garden web Âah ha moment! Oh, and I really like the garbage disposal airswitch. My plummer had never installed this before. One of my favorite 'upgrades'!

In order to be practical and save some money we decided to keep the white appliances. They were all new within the last 4 years and function well. We will probably swap them out for black when the time comes. For now, the white will have to work (but not my first choice).

Here are the details:

Cabinetry: Showplace cabinets in cherry. The perimeter cabs are Âtruffle stained with a Âwalnut glaze. The island is Âcoffee stained.

Counter: New Ornamentale granite. I love the lighter granite  always looks clean!

Cabinet glass (in uppers on either side of the sink): Rain

Backsplash: Tumbled botticino marble with 2x2 bronze renaissance inserts. Rope is Westminster 1x6 bronze.

Sink: Ticor. I love the large basin and grates  makes washing dishes almost enjoyable!!

Faucet: Price Pfister Picardy in venetian bronze

Hardware: from YourHomeSupply.com

Paint: Devine oak

Floor: BR-111 Amendoim in ¾" solid. It also runs down the hall and into our foyer. It has transformed our main level and we get tons of compliments on it.

Before pictures:

{{gwi:1948780}}

{{gwi:1948781}}

And Now:

This picture is before the backsplash (forgot to take a picture of this view afterwards). It shows the main wall that you see when you enter, including the glassed cabinets. My pictures of this wall never turn out because of the window. So, pretend you see backsplash - sure looks plain without!

{{gwi:1992758}}

One more before backsplash - shows island shape (and stool covers are different now)

{{gwi:1992759}}.

Thanks for letting me share! DH expects no more dinner excuses now:)

Comments (19)