SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebuyer23

Another layout post, but please peek and critique!

homebuyer23
11 years ago

I've been all over the place trying to come up with a layout and several GW members have helped me already come up with some interesting ideas that I am still considering.

I always come back to this idea though. I saw the inspiration picture a while back and it really got me excited that our space had some good potential.

I really want to open the wall between LR & FR, creating a great room/everyday dining room. Because I want to sort of "push" the action out toward the new great room area, I feel like this layout is better than some others where people were trying to help me figure out an island with seating in the kitchen.

I have laid out the major components, just really want to hear feedback if this looks like a well functioning layout, anything you'd change.

I'd like to incorporate a small tv somewhere in the kitchen, any ideas for where?

Im concerned just having the 12" pantry cabinet, Im losing it for a coat hook area. but I think I will have so much extra cabinet space in the kitchen, I could find room for a lot of what I store in there now.

I like this because of the abundance of counter space I gain. The huge sink in the center is both a beautiful focal point and I think would serve well for both prep and clean up. I've never had a prep sink & don't think I have the space/need for one. I am excited that after carefully laying it out I think I really can comfortably fit an island at roughly 27*52.

Whaddya think?!

current layout

inspiration

Traditional Kitchen design by San Francisco Architect Mahoney Architects & Interiors

Comments (10)