SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
share_oh

Credit Card Fraud - stupid thief?

share_oh
16 years ago

Last week I received an Entertainment Book in the mail - for a different city than where I live. It had nothing with it stating a payment due, if it was a gift, etc. I checked their website and couldn't find anything to try to track it down.

Yesterday I received 2 small packages in the mail. The first one contained two dvd's... Girls Gone Wild videos! I surely didn't order that. The second one was a package of Hercules Hooks - again, didn't order those.

The hooks had a packing slip that had a price - $14.99 plus $10.95 shipping and handling - nothing due, paid in full on credit card. So I called them up and the guy looked up the order - sure enough, paid for by my credit card! I asked if I could return them since I didn't order them and he said yes, but I'd be out the shipping charges! I told him I was going to call my cc company instead.

Then I got online and looked at my cc account - sure enough there was almost $300 in charges I didn't make.

The cc company was really great - we went thru each charge and I told her if it was mine or not. I only had 2 gas charges and I had paid for something else online last week. The fraudulent charges started in January - the first one being the GGW tapes which didn't arrive unitl yesterday.

I just can't figure out who would steal my cc # and then have the stuff sent to me? I thought the whole idea was to buy stuff for yourself?! Oh and the card was in my purse. I had only started using it again lately since I had a major charge for my dog's surgery on it in November.

Has anybody ever had this happen to them? Will I ever find out who stole the #?

Sher

Comments (6)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner