SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deborahnj_gw

Credit Card Breech

deborahnj
14 years ago

I am so bummed as my amex card was breeched! Someone tried to charge close to 5K on my card and thankfully amex declined and suspended my account. Amex left a vmm on my home phone to call and at first I thought that was a scam. I then checked my account online and saw that it had been suspended. I called and someone tried to charge airline tickets and something on Travelocity and a book from Kaplan. I suspect the book from Kaplan @ $20 was to see if they could do it. I'm thankful that amex reached out right away but this really infuriates me. I went to a convention recently and used my card and I suspect one of the vendors then used the number. I don't use my card very often and now I know that when I use an unknown vendor I will pay cash. I am so mad and feel vulnerable and violated. I try so hard to be careful with my cards and then this happens. Just wanted to give a warning to everyone if you use an unknown or small vendor, just be careful. I'm not saying that every vendor is a crook but still we should all be wary. What a world we live in.

Comments (9)