SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

A challenge for you...please help with my hallway

dreamgoddess
14 years ago

I don't like how the hallway in my home looks. At the time it was added on to the house, there was so much remodeling and construction being done, I think we simply ran out of steam and never finished it. The door was never painted and the molding wasnÂt finished. By now, we basically need to start over with fresh paint on everything.

What I dislike most is the flooring we put down. It's these fake green marble looking squares that you just peeled off the backing and put it down on the floor.

Below the chair rail, the walls are cedar with a clear sealer on them. IÂve never been totally in love with the cedar, but my DH wanted it.

WeÂll be installing new flooring and this is what it will look like.

I need suggestions for a paint color. It has to work with the flooring, the cedar and IÂd also like to have a color that will flow with the color in my dining area. ItÂs painted Swiss Miss. Depending on the light, sometimes Swiss Miss looks like hot chocolate and other times it looks almost lavender.

All of the molding and doors in the hallway will be painted the same color as the molding in the above photo. ItÂs called Rice Cake and is a creamy off white.

One last idea to throw into the mix, as if all this wasnÂt challenge enough, I love pink. Most of my artwork and any decorative items that will be in the hallway will have at least some pink in them. So the wall color has to work with pink too.

I think when we painted it years ago, the color we used was Navaho White. IÂd love to get away from this and have some color on the walls. I'd really appreciate any suggestions for paint colors to check out.

Comments (4)