SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teeda_2006

Vintage/Retro Thrift Store Scores (pics)

teeda_2006
15 years ago

I posted a couple days ago asking for help deciding about about a thrift shop purchase to use as a console for our new flatscreen tv (screen will be wall mounted above console). This is for a newly finished basement room, which has a decidely different style than the rest of my home (I lean towards traditional/french/english country). Thanks to Tradewind, I learned that the burl/chrome console I purchased has the stylings of designer Milo Baughman. After checking out his pieces on various sites, I decided this was definitely the one to use. When I went to pick up the console, I also grabbed two vintage rust red velveteen swivel chairs they had just put out for $20 ea. They are in absolute mint condition! Once I got everything home I remembered a pair of vintage red block prints I had picked up last year and was hoping to use in the basement room, but didn't know how to work the red into the color scheme (black leather sectional, brown/beige multi-tone shag area rug). The rust chairs really seem to pull everything together! I'm thinking of repainting the frames on the prints--any suggestions?? Perhaps black to because of the sectional and the large black tv??

Here are the pics. I had to use the flash because the basement has little natural light. Can you believe I got all this stuff for less than $100??? (Table $35, chairs $20 ea, prints $2.99 ea!). Beats the mall after Christmas sales any day!

Console:

One of the swivel chairs (I had the pillow, just tried it for accent colors):

Vintage prints (should I paint the frames? Too red?):

Comments (26)