SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klseiverd

my 'thrift store' KA stand mixer!!

anoriginal
12 years ago

Will start by saying I ALREADY HAD a standard KA mixer when I found it. Was in Good Will. On shelf was a faded/yellow, "vintage" KA stand mixer... with whisk, paddle, and dough hook. One of those crank up models. Was marked at $39.99... way beyond what I'm usually willing to spend and... already HAD one!?! Ready to pass, when noticed it was HALF PRICE... based on color of tag. Just could NOT pass it by. Found an outlet to make sure it worked... did and sound pretty good. HAULED it home, cleaned it up, and gave it a "make-over". Taped off everything and used flat black spray paint on it... left-over from gas grill, so figured it would be pretty durable. It has a larger capacity than my standard one... hauled it out yesterday after attepting a double recipe of a savory "cookie"... bowl too small.

ALMOST bought a THIRD one at GW back in summer. It was an even larger model... all stainless steel. Hauled it over to outlet to check out. Gave it a few second whirl and was ready to buy, when a good Samaratin tapped me on the shoulder. He had looked at it just a few minutes earlier. Think shut off after about 10 second?? Didn't sound bad, but I passed. Was actually kicking myself later for not buying... what if repair was minor? Looked up model on KA web site and it was well over $500 new! Went back next day... gone, of course! Snooze ya lose!

Comments (17)