SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Living Room Update & a few thrift store 'finds'

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

Thanks for everyone's feedback on the rug last week. We ended up sending it back. I think it is going to take a while to choose a rug as I'm still not sure what I want--though we did decide to downsize to an 8x10 which should open up some other options.

I did make some minor progress on the decor and wanted to get some feedback. I finally bought the floor lamp, a new pot for the palm (took about 3 tries to finally size it right). Squirrel, there was not enough space IRL to put the palm and the lamp next to one another so I put the palm on the right. I am thinking of a small corner curio/etagere for the left corner. The three little gold frames I had lying around unused for the past year and finally cut up some cards from the hand-foot-and-mouth painters and put them inside.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

There was a Salvation Army next to Michael's so I thought I'd check it out and did find a few things I thought might work in my space. You know you are at the end of a long remodel when you start frequenting the thift stores! One is the red cut glass candle holder on drum table($5),the other a narrow vintage Ethan Allan mirror ($2.50) and the other a set of candle wall sconces ($15). The wall sconces are shaped like a fleur de lis, which I thought would work well with some of the other French elements in the room. I was wondering if I should use as-is or do some time of bronze type finish on them. Opinions?

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

What should I put inside the sconces? Candles, flowers or ?? As for placement I thought I could flank the mantle picture or do a grouping to one side of the other with the two sconces and the mirror in the center like I showed above. Then on the other side of the fireplace I would do a couple of smaller landscape type prints.

I am still thinking of a jelly jar lamp for the drum table near the sofa, a table skirt for one of the drum tables, and some dried lavendar (on order) for the green vase. Oh yes, and the rug.... after taxes most likely. :(

Am I going in the right direction here?

Comments (16)