SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

I scored big at the thrift store!

golddust
13 years ago

I love cheese fondue. It is better than any piece of chocolate on the planet Earth to me.

My fondue set was nothing to write home about. Made by Swissmar, it was decent enough but the burner was rusty and cheaply made. I have 'shopped' Fondue pots online and read lots of reviews on fondue pots. I decided a Le Creuset was one of the best made and exactly fit my needs for a fondue set. Right. I'd never pay that much for a fondue set so I forgot about a new one and lined my rusting burner with foil.

On Friday, I was waiting for my car to be serviced and visited Goodwill. I always look in the house ware section, the toy section and the book section. The clothes are too overwhelming so I don't venture there.

Scanning the shelves, my eyes were drawn to it. I couldn't believe it! 'La Creuset Fondue #6061. Made in France'. In white with the coolest stand I have ever seen. Vintage La Creuset, woo! The set was still in the box, which looked like it was covered with age and not as sturdy as it used to be. $4.99 was written on the box in large numbers with red felt tip.

I pulled the box off the shelf and opened it up. NICE!! Everything was there, including instructions. It's washed and waiting tomorrow's dinner. Woo!

If this weather keeps up with the coolness, maybe we'll fondue on the deck tomorrow night and look at the stars like we loved to do when we first moved to this house. I'm putting a bottle of wine in the fridge.

I am so excited! Thank you, Universe! LOL! $4.99, total. No tax. Score! Better than Christmas.

Comments (23)