SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tropical_diva

Living Room Update (PICS) and Lots of ???

tropical_diva
16 years ago

OK.... Christmas tree is put away.. and now I get to "play" with my new furniture and work on the next step which is Window Treatments. This is not EASY!!!

Firstly.. a couple things you should know:

1- The coffee table will be painted black on the legs and stained a reddish maple on the top.

2- Thinking of getting a couple of cristal lamps with black shades (?)

3- In the pic provided... I have hung a red velvet drapery pannel... it's obvoiusly too short and much too short to add a pannel.. but I'm so visual I had to TRY it to see. I really like it!! Unfortunately I haven't found any fabric that I like.

4- Once I get the Window Treatments settled I will be working on a huge art piece for the big wall behind the sofa.

5- I KNOW the FAKE plants need to go... I'm scared of the real thing but yeah.. I know the rule! =)

ok questions... I hung the panel way up above the arch... I'm considering hanging it with the same rod just below the arch ( for obvious reasons ). >

> Should I hold out and find a fabric that I like and I can make the panels long enough? If I do that I will go the extra effort and make tabs so it will hang nicer. I do think the red works... however I did see some purplish fabric that matches the wall in the dining area but it's more sheer.

> Room arrangement... the couch has to go here because of how high the back/sides go... does this "jive?"

> The table in the dining area... I wanted something small but accessable for playing games and to fill that space etc...

Your comments are welcome but don't be too harsh!!!

OK I'm ready! (I think?)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (7)