SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ash8177

Hunting theme for young boys bedroom.. help.. pics

ash8177
13 years ago

Hi everyone. :) I came here a couple months ago asking for help with paint colors for our new home. Well, I'm back and I have made some progress in the bedrooms! I already shared pics of my oldest dd's bedroom in a seperate thread but I want to get some ideas for my sons room also (and the younger girls room, but in another thread).

So far I've collected up a few things for a hunting theme:

{{!gwi}}

I've been hanging on to these prints for a couple years now but ds had to share a room with his sisters up until now so the decor had to be neutral. (He's 5 btw) Anyway, he just loves these puppy prints. We have a golden retriever and when we got him the plan was to make him a hunting dog.. well he isn't a hunting dog, that's for sure, lol. But I would still like to find a home for these on one of his walls! And that bedding goes great with them so I was happy to find it at Home Goods. We are going to get his mattress set tomorrow.

{{!gwi}}

And this is a dresser we had in the pole barn that I liked. The duck decoy I thought goes well with the prints so I snagged it from dh's collection. ;) It doesn't have to stay there though.

I need to find him a desk and a nightstand but as far as furniture that's all I want in his room. I want to leave him with plenty of floor space for his train set, building blocks and other toys.

I was thinking about wall shelves somewhere though.. maybe above his bed on the dark brown wall? Any suggestions on what type of shelves I could use? What color to paint them or should I just do wood?

So tell me what you all think.. any ideas or suggestions welcomed! Thanks. :)

Comments (4)