SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
virginia7074

So DH sez . . . 'How do you know Annie's Salsa is good?' (pic)

Virginia7074
16 years ago

Actual words spoken by DH as I handed him the recipe to read before I started canning it this morning! I had to chuckle, because the poor dear was so clueless!!

I contemplated tweaking the recipe, as I wasn't sure about the sugar and added tomato sauce and paste, but I ended up following it exactly, using 3 jalapenos. Peeled, seeded and chopped the tomatoes by hand and did everything else in a mini-processor.

As I was sweating over the stove, ladling the salsa into jars, DD said I looked like I "real craftsman." (I took it as a compliment.) Wow! It's fabulous! Thumbs up from DH and DD. For my next batch, probably on Saturday, I'll up the jalapenos to 5 and maybe play around with the hot pepper mix.

I have not canned ANYTHING in more than 10 years. In fact, all my stuff was up in the attic. Without the inspiration and encouragement I got from the CF (and the HF, too), my stuff would still be up in the attic and I wouldnt have such a gorgeous sideboard. Thank you!!

Anyway, here's Annie's Salsa and Brandied Cherries. Apologies for the big pic; I need to mess with Photobucket a little bit more.

Comments (20)