SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trilliumgreen

Help with off white / ivory - everything I try looks peachy :(

trilliumgreen
12 years ago

Hi folks - I have posted on a few other forums, but not this one. And while I know I am not the first one to ask advice about choosing an off-white paint color, I though I would throw my question out here.

We bought a place, and among other things have pulled off all the fake wood paneling (yay!). Now I just need to find a paint color. I am looking for one color for the living / kitchen / dining / entry / hallway (they are pretty open to each other). I would like to go with a good neutral, but something that doesn't come across as either white or beige. Ivory is the color I have in mind, it would be ok if it were a little yellow.

Based on the BM "subtle, jicima, palace white" thread I was feeling really hopeful about Subtle or Palace White (that, and the actual color chips). However, when I get the testers, they look very peach. In a flesh-tone kind of way :(. So I am at a loss for what direction to go next. I looked at BM elephant tusk, and it looked a little green-grayish, but maybe it is worth trying? The predominate light in the rooms come from the west, south, and north. The colors I have tried so far are:

BM - sugar cookie (too light and pink)

BM - morning light (too light and greenish)

BM - subtle (the best so far, but it is still kind of fleshy)

BM - palace white (I thought this was going to be the one, but unfortunately it is even more peach / flesh tone than subtle).

I will try and get photos sometime.

Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: subtle, jicima, palace white thread

Comments (30)