SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

Another request for design suggestions!

Hello, I am ready to get this show on the road! I am trying to nail down the cabinet selection and arrangement, and frankly, imagining alternatives is very difficult for me.

I have a first plan for my smallish kitchen in my smallish 1941 "colonial" 2 story; this remodel will involve new floor, new and rearranged cabinets; and new lighting. What won't change is the basic outline (not moving any walls or plumbing, except I could move the gas line for the stove) and for now, the appliances.

The basic room dimension is 114" (west wall) by 152" (north wall); 101" (south wall); 70" (east wall)

Currently the cabs and counter, sink stove and fridge are all on the north wall! The opposite wall is empty (I have a freestanding cabinet there now) -- I think a previous owner wanted room for a table in the kitchen. The houses on either side of me (same floor plan) have counter and cabs on the north and east walls, and appliances on the south wall.

Also, now there is one window, but I know that there used to be another window farther down the same wall that has been covered up (the fridge sits in front of it now); I am strongly considering putting at least a small window there again.

In this plan the KD has allowed for a larger fridge than I currently have (an 18 cf which looks large in the room as is). She also left a large space for the new window, but I don't think that I will go so large in order to have another wall cab on the east wall. Don't know if that should be a corner style or just a regular.

I will put a second post, as I don't know how to put multiple pictures in a post! (If you can tell me how, I would be soo grateful!)

Comments (12)