SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamaraz_gw

Is good customer service important?

jamaraz
14 years ago

Hi. I am interested in purchasing a leather sectional for my family room. I love Thomasville's Benjamin sectional but I am very worried about their customer service. The sectional is manufactured in China and I am concerned that it will come in damaged or defective. The manufacturer does not seem to take responsibility and leaves it up to the franchised stores. My local Thomasville is owned by a pretty shaky group that sells other manufacturers merchandise. The sales people that I have dealt with have either outright lied to me about a dining room set or else are completely clueless about their product.

I'm sure that the store will replace obviously damaged materials but a sectional is made up of 3 pieces and I am very worried that they will not care if the new piece matches the dye lot of the other 2 leather pieces. I purchased a Young America by Stanley bedroom set for my son and the nightstand came in the wrong color. The store replaced the item but the dye lot was definitely off from the rest of the pieces. I ended up keeping the nightstand because it was being placed in a corner and not readily seen. A 3 piece sectional is a whole different animal.

There is a Bernhardt sectional at Raymour & Flanigan that I also like. I just don't love it as much as the Thomasville sectional. Do I buy the Raymour & Flanigan set because they have better customer service or do I buy the Thomasville set and hope for the best?

Comments (21)