SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Looking for Photos Please; Large Wall Clock in Decor Setting

ladyamity
14 years ago

Any other time I'd run across this type of photo with almost every click of my mouse. Today? I must be putting in the wrong search words because all I'm finding are online store ads and small 12" wall clocks.

Little History:

My sister has a beautiful home. Huge...I mean HUGE and LONG kitchen/family room combo.

One end is the kitchen, then kitchen table/chairs, all on tile.

Then the carpet starts and she has one humungo sectional and a TV across from it in a built-in nook.

On the far end of that area is a huge blank wall with the exception of a 12" wall clock that ticked it's last tock at the beginning of November but with the holidays coming, it was the last thing on sis's mind to replace.

Enter our Mom.

Huge heart but out of the park decorating ideas.

Mom suggests a nice, large wall clock replacement for the small clock and a good size to help fill in my sister's huge bare wall.

In theory a wonderful idea.

Not only that, but everyone in the kitchen would be able to actually SEE what time it was from where they are at instead of getting up out of their kitchen chair and walking to the little clock on the stove or walking to the other end of the combined room to look at the 12" clock on the wall.

Mom's choice of clock? *shudder*

I gently stepped in and together we agreed on a 20" diameter wall clock that was more generic in nature....not one with a 24" paper picture of John Wayne on the face of the clock staring at everyone in the room, nor one with a picture of bears climbing up a tree trunk.

Not that there is anything wrong with a 24" John Wayne Face or seeing Bears' butts as they go up a tree in the same style room, but my sis's home is not themed, nor rustic so those style of clocks would look so out of place.

So now Mom is upset because sister told her nobody hangs clocks like that in their home. Sis thinks those clocks/the size, only belong in huge public buildings.

Of course when Mom told me and I saw how upset she was that she picked 'not the right gift' for my sister, I told her I'd prove to her and sis that the large clock is indeed used in decorating. Told her I was sure to find pics of large decorative clocks to give to sis for inspiration.

I told her if not, that I'd ask my 'invisifriends on the decor board' (what my family calls all of you here. lol) to prove it for me.

I first searched here on the board with all kinds of different search words - Nada.

Then I went to the Gallery side - Nada.

Then I went to Google, then Yahoo Search, the About search - Nada.

Anyone PLEASE have a pic or two to share with me -- a pic of a large wall clock used decoratively (as opposed to the inside of a large, public building. lol)?

Maybe a link or two showing large wall clocks in decorative settings?

Thank you!!!!

Comments (30)