SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
straitlover

Painting guest room - what direction to go?

straitlover
14 years ago

I am in the first stages of deciding on a paint color for my guest room (size approx 10'X11'). I have a picture that will be hung over the bed that goes w/ the feel I want in the room (see link). It is in a whitewashed frame; size including the frame is 28"X32". For the bed, it has a white wicker headboard and no footboard. Bedding is a white matlesse (sp?) bedspread, and I am currently looking for a quilt/coverlet and shams to use (no luck so far in a price range I am comfortable with, ie inexpensive - LOL). Other than that, the room's really an empty slate. There's an ugly old chest of drawers in the room, but that will be heading out once I find some cute little chest to replace it. The end table is just one of those 3-legged round decorator tables w/ a white round cloth over it. If I can't find something to use for an end table, that may be staying but w/ a different cloth. Most inportantly, the carpet is a light beigish color and will be staying.

I'm trying to decide what way to go colorwise for the wall. I don't want to match the wall color to the picture, but I want to pick something that will coordinate but also be neutral enough if I decide to change the bedding and art down the line but not repaint. Originally I was leaning to a very pale grey-blue. However, I'm wondering if a light sand color would be better? If it matters flow wise, the adjacent flooring and paint in the hallway is a walnut laminate (Bruce American Home) and SW Nomadic Desert.

So, if you had to choose, would you go w/ a grey/blue, a light sand, or something else???? I am horrible at picking out this stuff. TIA!

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture to be hung over bed

Comments (8)