SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1929spanish

Looking for your input on our Kitchen Layout

1929Spanish
12 years ago

We got our kitchen layout back from the KD designer today and I'm super excited. Of course I made a few edits already because I'm nutty that way.

We're adding 250 square feet to our -you guessed it- 1929 Spanish bungalow. This will add a second bathroom (the blank box in the layout) and turn our original kitchen into a 3rd bedroom.

Our goal is to bring the laundry inside and put together a functional kitchen that is modernish but mostly sympathetic to the rest of the house. The new kitchen will be right off the dining room, which was added in the 1940's.

I'll follow up with a separate post on the total look, but I've included a sample board in my link. We'll be pairing that look up with a new stainless hood, stainless range & vintage-style stainless faucet. We'll then be adding some vintage items including glass pulls, back "french window" door and light fixture. I try to use vintage/salvage in every room. I plan to use the backsplash tile in the photo along with Dynasty Omega cabinets in Pesto green with 8" saltillo hex tile on the floor. We still need to choose a final counter and a "door solution" for the pantry & laundry.

So, I'd like your input on my edits to the original layout - and anything else you can think of.

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: Spanish's Kitchen

Comments (9)