SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
renaruto

My girlfriend wants me to stop talking to my baby's mom

renaruto
12 years ago

Hi please give me your opinion so I could show to my girlfriend, then I will post her reaction. I am a 33 years old man with a 12 years old son. I have had a girlfriend for almost a year and it bothers her that my ex text me or call me regarding my son issues. She does not want me to talk or get text from her. my son is going by that rebellious stage and is giving my ex a lot of trouble. I am in the military and my ex live in DC with my son. I live In CA so I am a bit away from my son and his life. Therefore, I see my girl's behavior as irrational and even selfish to a point that I am questioning our relationship and future. I have explained that I have no feelings for my ex and that she is the one I want, but that does not help. I give you the last two instances where my girl text. My son tried to hit her and text me, then today he was acting like spoiled brag when she tried to take him for a hike. My girl reaction was that she should have handled the situation and don't bother me. Whenever my ex contact me regarding my son and that is the only time she does, it does not bother me because I already feel bad about no been there for my son. Sometimes, I feel like abondoning my career in the military and moving close to him ( not with her, that will never happen). Am I been irrational? what is your opinion about my situation? Please forgive my English...

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz