SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azzalea_gw

Darn Cat! (and assorted other vents--LOL)

azzalea
12 years ago

Isn't it always the way?

I've had a very, very long week--most of last week in the hospital, operated on Thursday, 'sprung' on Friday. Then we had a previously scheduled open house Sunday. Spent most of the weekend spiffing and baking so the house looked and smelled great. Thought I'd get to rest Monday, but got a call first thing that one of the couples from the open house wanted to come back for a second look. Then my niece and her husband, in from Arizona wanted to get together for dinner (had a LOVELY time in a local pub--and I haven't seen her in over 2 years). So more cleaning, baking, running around.

Here comes the cat part....I promise. Got another call that someone wants to see the house tonight. Well, it's in pretty good shape, so even though DH is away at the country house today, taking care of some 'stuff', thought maybe I'd get to relax a bit. Oh, no--when I went upstairs to change and make the bed????? The Persian, VERY-long-haired cat had left me hairball on the quilt. So yes, I'm running up and down the basement stairs, doing a load of wash that wasn't on the agenda!

Oh, well, the cat's adorable, poor baby couldn't help it (wish she'd had better timing, though--LOL). We're delighted this agent has been getting feet through the door (in about 6 weeks, we've had about SEVEN TIMES more lookers than we did in 6 months with the last agent!)... so guess it's all worth it, right?

Maybe tomorrow, I'll just sit around all day and veg.

Comments (11)