Hellman's Mayo
18 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (27)
- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
Related Discussions
Products worth trying
Comments (5)Hendrickson's!!! It's a dressing/marinade made in Missouri for many years by what was originally a little mom & pop operation. May still be, actually, since it doesn't seem to be very widely marketed. But I promise you it is the stuff! They only make this one product, using a secret family recipe. :) In the summer, I mix up any combination of the following: tomatoes, red onion, sweet peppers, cucumbers -- then just douse them with Hendrickson's and let them marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Sublime! In the winter, I often 'soak' cucumbers only. For the health-conscious, the label reads "fat-free" and "gluten-free". They also tout it as a marinade for poultry, fish and beef. For some reason, I'd never tried that. But one of my sons told me recently that he marinated a chicken in it before grilling and that it was "totally awesome". No, I don't have even the remotest connection to the company. But, boy, am I a happy customer of long-standing! If the Schnuck's grocery chain is in your area, their home base is St. Louis, MO, so their stores usually carry it (or will add to inventory if you ask). Otherwise, you can order it online. I promise it's worth it! If you love Bloody Mary's, have you tried ZingZang yet? I make mine from scratch but find that ZZ adds enormously to the flavor. Last, but not least -- if you have a Fresh Market in your area, do try their Kajun Krab Dip. (Yes, I guess the "k's" mean it's fake -- but it's still fabulous.) The regular crab dip is very mundane, but the "Kajun" is simply wonderful! Buy a container of their toasted French bread rounds to serve it on, and just pig out.... sm...See MoreMy Lobster Lunch
Comments (5)Sounds great! CC are some of my favorite chips, too. Lobster is on a nice sale here throught tomorrow; I think I'll take advantage and do something with it. Glad your meal was a success!...See MorePotato Salad Recipe Please
Comments (27)It is best to use waxy, or new potatoes. Fingerlings are ideal, but I can never find them in my grocery store, so next choice is Yukon Gold....or Red Bliss. I steam the potatoes (>just tendervalue and potato flavor). Peel as soon as cool enough to handle (I use a glove on one hand to keep from being burned). Sprinkle potato slices with French dressing while still quite warm. I don't think I make the potato salad the same twice....each time it is a bit different because I don't follow any specific measrements. Just add and taste as you go along. I use mayo (sometimes homemade, and sometimes Hellman's Real Mayo., sour cream, your choice of vinegar (wine, cider or white). Cut up olives, chopped parsley, strips of pimento, chopped celery, celery seed, chopped sweet onion. Don't forget to season with S&P. The salad can be customized to your, and your family's, likes and dislikes. Garnish with sliced boiled eggs, sliced olives, sprinkling of parsley and ground paprika. Most anything goes that appeals to the taste buds...See MoreLOOKING for: Chicken Salad
Comments (23)This version is delecious, and not nealy as heavy of calories. Try making this fennel rub. I now use it for everything. Chicken Salad with Fennel Spice Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello (a no Mayo chicken salad) Yield: 4 servings Boiled chicken: 1 chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds 3 tablespoons Fennel Spice Rub, recipe follows, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 6 tablespoons 1 large celery rib, halved 1 large carrot, halved 1 large yellow onion, quartered 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery heart 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice Sea salt, preferably gray, and freshly ground black pepper 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves Lay out the chicken, spreading out the parts as much as possible. Cover generously with 3 tablespoons of the fennel spice, rubbing it into the skin. Place a large pot over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 6 tablespoons of the oil and heat to almost smoking. Add the chicken and brown on all sides, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Add the celery, carrot, onion and bay leaves and sauté for a few minutes. Add 4 cups of water to the pot, or enough to cover the chicken. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook just until the chicken is almost fully cooked, about 40 minutes. Turn off the heat and cover and let cool. When pan has cooled, place in the fridge overnight. Lift out the cooled chicken and strain the stock, discarding the solids. Refrigerate or freeze the chicken stock for another use. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken. Shred the meat by hand into rough bite-size pieces. In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, celery heart, red onion, 6 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons Fennel Spice Rub, and salt and pepper, to taste. Add more oil, lemon juice, or Fennel Spice Rub, if desired. Add the basil and serve. Fennel Spice Rub: 1 cup fennel seeds 3 tablespoons coriander seeds 2 tablespoons white peppercorns 3 tablespoons kosher salt Put the fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and peppercorns in a heavy pan over medium heat. Watch carefully, tossing frequently so the seeds toast evenly. When light brown and fragrant, pour the seeds onto a plate to cool. They must be cool before grinding, or they will gum up the blades. Pour the seeds into a blender and add the salt. Blend to a fine powder, shaking the blender occasionally to redistribute the seeds. Store in a tightly sealed glass jar in a cool, dry place, or freeze. Yield: about 1 1/4 cups...See More- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 18 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago



sally2_gw