SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
althetrainer

Frozen coconut milk

althetrainer
14 years ago

I was going to make chocolate coconut ice cream last evening when I found out we're out of my homemade ice cream. I got two cans of full fat coconut milk and put them in the freezer thinking I would take them out in just 15 minutes so they would be cold enough for making ice cream.

The next thing I realized my husband got out some store bought ice cream (obviously he had bought some while I was away and he's a grown man who couldn't wait 15 minutes!) so I thought oh well don't have to make ice cream tonight. Of course, I had completely forgotten about the coconut milk in the freezer until two hours later. By the time I got the cans out they were frozen solid. I tried to thaw them in the fridge overnight but this morning, still solid.

I am sure they will eventually thaw after a few days but my question is... will they still be all right to use in making ice cream? I wonder how the freezing process affects the texture of the ice cream.

I don't use coconut milk in any other cooking and making ice cream is the only time I use it. I hate to throw them out yet I don't want to have to experience some horrible ice cream if I do try them out. What do you think?

Comments (11)