SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acountryfarm

OT... Sad, unbelievable update !!

acountryfarm
15 years ago

OT I know, just wanted to give update where I post most often.

Hello to all of you. As most of you know we have had the build from hell. When we started 3 yrs. ago we had builder X who ended up embezzling & than filing BK. Lost a bunch of money.

Year break, then new bank, new builder. Fired awful builder, are now finishing it ourselves, literally.

Went with construction loan from local, private, healthy bank. They do not do mortgage lending. Signed papers 3 months before housing market collapsed.

To make a sad story short ... we have been trying to get a take out loan and we can not. As you all know we have a large, expensive home, thats just a fact. We need a jumbo take out loan. They are almost non-existent right now. While we were completely pre-qualified before, under the new economy it just doesn't matter.

We have invested cash, sweat equity, etc. above & beyond construction loan. Have over in 1/2 mil. in equity and our construction lender is saying they will take the house if we can't get a loan. (no comment about this bank)

I am beyond emotion. We have been working on getting this loan for over a yr. There comes a point when you can just not take it anymore.

I must admit I am sick of the whole thing. I don't even like going to my beautiful home. They are ready to install all the lights and we told them to wait because those were purchased out our pocket and I do not want the bank to get them if thats what happens. I have plumbing fixtures, towel bars, t.p. rods,hooks, etc. ready to go. What the heck am I going to do with light fixtures for a 6000 sq. ft. home anyway. We have 2, 50 ft. storage units full of furniture, books, dishes, etc for new house, not to mention my house full of stuff here. We have our tractor, our outdoor barn full of stuff out there.

This is amazing to me that we can do everything right and still have this happen. We have been paying 2 mortgages for 3 years and now we may lose everything.

I am sorry to rant, but just don't even know what to say or who to say it to.

I appreciate all of you, I appreciate this forum. It has kept me sane for sure.

One thing, I know....,

.... this is "just" a house. My children are healthy, my husband is wonderful, I have a strong marriage, I have unshakeable faith. Yet, this was the home I was dreaming about all my life. It is a little hard to swallow.

(Sorry for all the personal info, I really just needed an outlet today.)

Comments (88)