SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

OT Dad update

Purplemoon
13 years ago

This past week has been constant strain and stress. I won't drag this out with all the details. But cutting to

the bottom line, my Dad HAS to go into a care place as I just can't do what is needed. The home health care folks

have been coming, twice a week with the nurse to do bed sore care on his ankles and feet. And PT guy twice a week. But Dad's one doc we love told us on Wed that it wasn't enough and Dad needs daily professional care. There is a wonderful full care place only 4 miles from me so I can drive there daily. Highly recommended, plus an old friend's MIL has been there a year. Now we are just trying to get all the paperwork accomplished between various docs and this place.

There is a chance, after a month there, if the bed sores are gone and the rehab can get him back to where I can manage him alone, he can come back home. But its more likely this will be permanent.

He doesn't understand why I can't continue to take care of him. Its breaking my heart. But this past week I've realized that I just can't physically do so now. I'm SO thankful his favorite doc said this, it was a huge burden off me. I didn't want to make such a decision and have to tell my Dad I couldn't do it, and that I was putting him in a care place. Not sure I could have handled that emotionally.

Anyway, I'm drained mentally and physically from the past week and this coming week won't be much better. But hopefully things will settle down and be ok for all of us.

I'm trying to catch up on your posts last night and today tho. In between trying to still pack Christmas decor. At this point I'm ready to leave it all up till NEXT time instead. Sure would make life simpler, LOL.

hugs, Karen

Comments (18)

Sponsored
More Discussions