SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Update on Susie's Step Dad Again

susiewantsroses
15 years ago

My Dad has been in the hospital twice this month with two different types of pneumonia and a major blood clot because of his chemo. He doesn't want me to come to AL because I had anxiety attacks during my Mom's final days in the hospital. I'm the type of person who has fainted just getting a blood test. This makes me feel so helpless and angry at myself. Anything 'medical' brings out a phobia. Even the "I can do all things through Christ...." scripture doesn't fix it.

My Dad's sister (the RN/LP) is making plans to take him to Tuson, Arizona to her house. Her son is a doctor there. Seems like an excellent plan. There are questions as to whether he wants to continue his chemo.

Lots of tears going on here as I am also the family cry baby. My Dad asked me last night if I thought he would go to Heaven. His Spiritual eyes were not opened until after my Mom passed. He thinks he might have needed more time to do "good works". This broke my heart because I have never seen a more genuine conversion than his. So we have long theological discussions. I tease him that King David will call him to the side someday to explain why some people clap in Church. He instructs me to love and adore my husband and be a good wife. And I promise I will.

I'm coping by covering sadness with my ususal corny humor and the artistic mind escape, and supportive friendship I get from you all here. But the Forum of Earth will be loosing a member. Heaven's Forum will be logging in a new member. Blessed be the name of the Lord Forever.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Central Ohio's Source for Reliable, Top-Quality Roofing Solutions