SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

UPDATE: our bloomin friends december/christmas partner update

earthlydelights
17 years ago

Happy December to all OUR BLOOMIN FRIENDS

Are you all excited to learn who your partner will be this month? Well, Im anxious to share; however, I wanted to take a second or two to lay down the rules.

First and foremost, letÂs have fun. Remember, this is a Christmas swap, so if you donÂt celebrate or decorate, let your partner know because it would only make sense that a Christmas item or two would be a part of your goodie box. Since itÂs not the best time of year in most areas to send plants (based on weather reports, some of you have been hit with ice, snow and just plain old winter weather), an IOU or gift certificate is a great idea, but you must remember to send it when the time comes (so mark it on your calendar now) as your partner should not have to chase you down.

When you send your box, please use confirmation number. ItÂs the only way to track should a box go AWOL. When you ship, please post. When you receive, please use common courtesy to acknowledge your box. Afterall, your trade partner went to the effort, time and expense to send and itÂs terribly disappointing to not be acknowledged.

If there are any questions, concerns or problems, please email me and IÂll do my best to straighten everything out.

That being said, let's get on with swapping :)

anita sends to sue g (sguanzon)

annie sends to janell (luna)

carol sends to susan (giverny4me)

debby sends to shirley (brittneysgran)

diane sends to laura (llbeans)

janell sends to jules (klickitat)

jules sends to susie (skholer)

kimberly sends to anita (nyvoices)

laura sends to annie (raggedyann)

maryanne sends to susann (dizzydaffodil)

maryellen sends to debby (debbya)

nancy sends to kimberly (lil green thumb)

patty sends to tina (hummingbirddaisy)

remy sends to trish (dancin moons)

shirley sends to maryanne (earthly)

sue g sends to theresa (theresa24)

susan sends to maryellen (mellen)

susann sends to carol (veeja)

susie sends to nancy (cedarnest)

theresa sends to remy (remy)

tina sends to patty (patty2257)

trish sends to diane (sassy)

Let's make our last swap of the year just as memorable and wonderful as those we've already participated in.

Maryanne

Comments (119)

• skohler
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

GM Ladies :)
    Nancy So Glad the box arrived safly the cake in the tin
    was the friendship cake I thought I wrote that on there
    so sorry if I forgot :)
    Please tell (Hey you ) Greg He's Very welcome thought it would give him music to dance around the tree for your intertainment :)
    as for the bulbs didn't know if you had snow yet as we do , but thought maybe you can plant them in containers & set them out side for the winter that is what I have done I hope it works :)) then transplant them after they have bloomed .

well looks as I won't be getting a puppy or meeting with tina for the infection in my leg is back & now I have to go see a new doctor today consultation on the heart
    cath that was mis read back in june , it just has not been a great year for me I sure Hope next year is better .

as for right now taken on any more responsiblity !! I Just Don't think I better .
    Not knowing why all this is happing can cause much stress & right now I'm about to the end of my rope with this . being sent to one then another doctor & no one has a clear answer for me .

Tina thank you for understanding & I know there is someone out there that can give them a good home I really wish I could have .

Mellen I do hope that maybe this next summer we could all
    try to meet I would love to set up campers in my front 10 acres for anyone wanting to camp out a few days :)
    " womens retreat camp " YEAH

also carol received your xmas card thank you Now I have to get on the ball If I don't get one out to you all please know your all in my heart anyway .

love the talents thank you all for sharing ,
    I also chocheted till my hands started cramping, just made lap blankets .
    well ladies have to get my self around here so have a great DAY love & Hugs well wishes to all
    susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I went to the local Delta Gamma Kappa Society(Teacher's Honor Society) meeting/auction last night. My Godmother got inducted as president, and they have their fundraising auction for their scholarships. I picked up a few Christmas gifts, but I still have so much to buy!!
    I posted a message about seeds on the seed swap thread, please look and see if there is any seed you might want from the list.

Susie,
    I'm so sorry to hear you are having leg problems again! I hope it gets figured out soon.

Laura,
    I did receive your email about the bracelets. I sent a couple emails back. I hope you got them.

Susann,
    Lol! You are too funny about shopping for Maryanne and Bubba!

Talk to you soon,
    Remy

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Our Bloomin' Friends - Jan. Seed Swap

Q

Comments (94)
    Margaret - I am the hostess for March. I will not post anything until the very end of February. For some of us, being able to send a bit later at this time of the year will allow us to send plants, cuttings, etc. so I am trying to time it so the sign up will be early in the month and the mail out deadline will be nearer to the end of March. There will be non-plant options for people who can't send and receive plants in March. Jeanne
    ...See More

UPDATE: all my bloomin friends, graphic light thread

Q

Comments (78)
    Oh Beth--She has such a sweet face-and I'm sure she is so thankful to have a 'mommy' that will take good care of her-does she like to ride? Alli went everywhere with me- I am glad you have a companion--she will take care of you and be always on your side--and I won't have to think of you being alone!! Remy--I would like some rudbeckia--I manage a 30 year old 96 unit apartment complex that has been ignored for years--so I am planting things everywhere I can to 'perk' it up Carol has sent me some purple iris and Maureen sent dahlias and daylillies--Beth has been sending seeds every month-from a different swap-so it's starting to look up around here!! Let me know what I need to do! Debbya--Toby is such a handsome guy--I am torn between getting another bulldog--or a boston--my house is just too quiet! Better get to work Jeanette
    ...See More

New: OBF - December - Sing the Bloomin Christmas Carol

Q

Comments (89)
    I checked the delivery confirmation # for Michelle's package and it stated it was delivered. Hopefully she will confirm soon. Thanks Jeanne for an awesome swap. We are still looking for someone to take January. I hope Maryanne, Remy, Margaret and some others in our group are ok, haven't heard from them in awhile. Jan. Feb. hazelnutbunny Mar. Apr. micyrey May mellen June brittneysgran July veeja11 Aug. Sept. Oct. flowergirl34 Nov. Dec. Jeanne, Margaret, Margo, Jen, Faye, Annie, Remy & Maryanne....step up and take a month if you can. I know we have more members than this but can't think right now of everyone. Shirley
    ...See More

Our Bloomin Friends December Christmas Swap

Q

Comments (121)
    Well, if there is a female left then I would be more interested in the female. My male shepherd, even after being fixed, pees on EVERYTHING!! My plants, our cars, even the neigbor's leg!! I love hime but that's the only reason I don't want another male. Susie, I don't know the dates yet that I will be there but definitely at least for Christmas weekend. I just talked to my mom who said she can't do much driving to go get a dog but if you do happen to go meet up with Tina and Maryanne, maybe you could pick up one for me and I could pick it up from you in Michigan? I know that's alot to ask...but it's a thought. If it's too much trouble, I TOTALLY and COMPLETELY understand! Where are you in Michigan again? My parents live in Linden. Theresa
    ...See More
  • klickitat
    17 years ago

I've got some items ready for the exchange this month, but need to wait until finals are over next week before shipping. I'd hate to walk away from studying to go plant shopping... although I'd much prefer it!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll look for them!

Shirley,
    Your package was mailed today #0305 0830 0003 1810 3320.
    I hope you enjoy it!

Maryanne,
    Your hostess gift package went out today too.
    #0305 0830 0003 1810 3306.

Deb

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks for the heads-up, deb. i'll let you know when it gets here.

maryanne

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Hi Girls!

Laura, sweetie you're not makin' it easy on a girl, but will do the best I can.

Giverny4me...Good news~My supervisor called me and told me she didn't think she was treating me right and I would be off Christmas Eve, that I deserved be with my family too...I guess Christmas feelings hit us all at some point!
    I still offered to work Chrismas Eve day, but she said she didn't need me too. So everythings worked out! (Guess I should take my bad kitty back now! lol) Please......Sears is off limits in my house...up until 2 years ago, my dh & I owned a Sears store, please don't get me started (But thanks for the good thoughts and Yes! I've seen the commercial!)

Oh yes Remy your baby is beautiul!!!! I want a good smooch!

Annie, I know what you mean, I used to decorate every room in house, and believe me I have a few. 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, hallways, living room, kitchen, dining room off of the kitchen, and a room we enclosed years ago that was the garage. I have always decorated every single room, I mean I took every pic off the wall and hung Christmas pics, most of which I had cross-stitched, and professionally framed. But I find anymore I just don't have he energy for all that. I'm toning it down. I have to. Giving it to the girls....some of it anyways:)

Sue, thanks Sassy is a sweetie, but don't let that fool ya, she didn't get that name for no reason! lol And yes I must get on my knees and humbley ask Carol to not feel hard at me, I sware I will get that pic posted, just keep forgetting. Sorry Carol:( Oh, and Sue I have not forgotten what I emailed you about, its been riding around in dh's truck for 3 weeks, think its time to go get it out!
    Earthly! We understand each other very well! lol My kitty proves that! Yes, I received your email! You're doing a wonderful job as hostess! Be VERY proud!!!!
    And OMG!! those beautiful cakes! Girlfriend! Wish I had you here when Julie got married!!!! & Nope, didn't notice about the logo, lol

Thanks Deb for your compliment on Sassy! Now she wants a chew stick! lol Hope you have a wonderful Christmas dear, hope to find time to email you soon, sorry I've been slack, but trying sooooo hard to get his packing done. Oh, and Dizzy I know you're out there somewhere, I have not forgotten you on the cross-stitch books, you will get them! I'm still cleaning out closets and finding more! lol

Theresa, thanks so much my little Sassy just brightens every single day! Don't worry sweetie, posting our wishes can only help our partners, not greedy. I don't think theirs a greedy heart in this bunch. I could have done a better job myself at posting my wishes, but really didn't know what to say, except I am moving into a brand new home after the 1st of the year, so would love anything that I can walk by and think of my "Bloomin' Friends" just anything little thing!

Mellen, thanks dear! My Sassy is sassy, but my kitty is very Sassy! lol

Trish, nails done? You go girl! Haven't had mine done since dd's wedding. Feels nice to pamper yourself one in awhile doesn't it! Looking forward to anything you have picked for me, I'll love it, don't you worry!

Shirley, your 1st tree is gorgeous!!! Gotta go see if we have pics of the rest. Making my way down the board, lol!
    Wow, what a great stocking! You're crafty!!!

Oh, Michelle....thats so neat! Gizmo, Gidget & Gadget! lol I'll look on the other thread for pics! I love ALL animals!!!!!!!! I've had that cat for along time but was a little afraid to post it on the boards, didn't want to offend anyone, but I said what the heck! I think its funny!

Remy! Beautiful teaset and I adore that table! You go girl!!!

Deb! You're so talented! I always knew, just didn't know the extent. I love stained glass things, want to know more about that girl!

Laura, I agree with Remy! I love color! And my favorite colors are orange & purple! hehe I'm also right now looking thru paint samples! Never know...what I'll choose!
    I have my other home, near the Outer Banks decorated in Blue Ridge and just love it, but want different in this house.

Klick...what can I say....you're just special!

Raggedy....thanks! If you still cross-stitched I could send you some good stuff along with Dizzy!

Tina.....you're too lucky...you get to meet Sue?? Who else? Or did I miss it, if so sorry! I want me a bird! I checked with my girl that always groomed DJ, now Sassy, I'll have to check back with her on the names, one was Yankee something, and don't remember the other...you girls tell me what I need...

Awwwwe, Tina just saw the post from Sue. I know you're so dissappointed! And I know she is too. Sue please take care dear, we're all thinking of you!!!!!!!!!

Ok, hopefully I didn't miss anyone, if I did, please forgive me, I tried soooooooo hard! lol

Now, girls don't forget, I need info on birds! Do I want one that can talk? or not! lol

Carol, thanks so much, went shopping today and I should say, MaryAnne will be so pleased! (And Bubba!) I found the greatest adult store and the lady was so nice....she didn't mind helping me buy anything I wanted! lol

All of you girls take care and have a great weekend, I'm off to the other house for the weekend, so I'll see you all Monday!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!

Sassy

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Morning everyone!

Susie, I'm sorry you are not feeling well. Please keep us informed

Laura, Igot you box today, and boy what a box it was it. Here is what was inside:

A mailbox with a Santa attachment to sit on the top Everyone must see this!

A blue bracelet, so pretty. I will enjoy wearing it.

A candle holder with tea candles to go with it, and they smell so nice. I've got one burning now.

A spice Candle in the shape of a fat pepperment stick

Dove candies, and a candy cane.

Gift tags

Decortive Wine Charms

A Weekly Planner

A gift Certificate for Hosta Tequila Sunrise. I do not have this beauty, thank you so much.

I hope I didn't miss anything.

Laura,all I can say is you do know how to pack a box. With my little devils playing havic with the tree I put up this week this really made my day. Of course my smallest-but biggest devil Pest, aka my little Uggie had to help open the box.I will try my best to get pictures posted. It has been a long time since I've done it from Photobucket.

I have a few things bought for my parttner, and will finish up this week-end and mail out probably no later than Wed. I will post when I do.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    An

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

I forgot to mention the snowman ornament, and the bath gel juniper breeze from Body and Bath Works.

Here are a few shots my batteries are not cooperating, and I'm not real good at it.

Here is my Uggie, she follows me everywhere when I'm at home, and she is my biggest troublemaker! I think sometimes she thinks her name is "YOU BETTER RUN"
    {{gwi:1317607}}

{{gwi:1317608}}

{{gwi:1317609}}

Sorry they are so big, I need someone to tell be how to make them smaller. Notice the braclet on top of Santa. I will try to post more later.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hi everyone. the wind has been ripping heavy today. actually moved furniture around on my porch.

i received two hostess gifts today....

susie sent me a farmer's almanac as well as a gift certificate come the appropriate time, for two daylilies. susie, you have such a wonderful assortment of daylilies, i can't wait to see what i get :) thank you so much.

laura sent me a jammed packed box. a wonderful hardback gardening book, a silver picture frame, a light up lantern, citronella candles, a decorative portfolio and two other recipe magazines - paula dean and taste of home holiday edition and a couple of candy canes. i already found a few recipes i want to experiment with. laura, thanks for such a great box, you are just so sweet xoxox

i'm trying to keep it all straight as your hostess this month - i give everyone credit so far - we're a big group LOL so as long as i read the posts right, annie and nancy have received as of this writing.

can you believe it's the 8th already? we have 10 days to get those boxes out. post office is swamped this time of year.

we had a light snow dusting last night. nothing horrible, thank God.

remy, any news on the nippon? i just acquired the most gorgeous early 1900's punch bowl set. going to make something yummy to go in it for christmas. in addition to my addiction for pottery and such, cut glass ranks up there too. oh, oh, oh...who to leave all this to when i croak.

be back later. be well,
    maryanne

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Oh Gosh,They say a third time is a charm!I forgot to mention Laura also sent me these seeds.Lupine Russel Hybrid Mix,Crimson Rambler Morning Glory,Atlantic Dill Pumpkin Seeds,Red Hot Poker Kniphofia Border Ballet and some Pink Minosa. Laura also sent a garden angel figurine that is so cute.

THANK YOU SO MUCH LAURA

I will try to post more pictures later of everything.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    17 years ago

Anny great mail box just the right size for keeping your bloomin friends in :))) well our BEST WISHES &
    spirits :))) & Mr clause seems to fit just right ontop
    it is way to cute thank you for sharing with us .

I have started a NEW GRAPHIC FORUM For our pictures
    So that we Don't slow this one down so much .
    so if you want to share pictures of your xmas box
    let us know here that you received your box & post the picture over on the other if you want .

Jules Please worry about your studies before the xmas box & as for plants Well girl the thought is great but we have show up this way :((( Sure wish I was down your way . AN I O U is fine with me :)))

Mary Ann : I will send you a list to choose from when I see witch ones come up 1st :)))
    can hardly wait to see what puppies you picked hope you will share pictures with us .
    I trully feel bad I could,nt get one at this time but tina said that maybe I can get one of her other puppies
    next spring , I hope to have a better 2007.
    OH also You Can put me on your list for any of the dishes you might want to find homes for :)))
    I have a bare hutch daddy gave mom's & grandmas things to my other sisters so not much there :)) be happy to pay for postage that goes for anyone just let me know :)) I like creamer & sugar - serving platers or bowls , I have many plate stands just no plates :))

just wanted to also mention that many of you want another go around with the seed swap & if you have not signed on you might want to go do so .
    kim has it right now & so it won't be long Now & it will be back home I will freshen up & it will be going back out in Jan 07 but with no gifts just many New variety of seed's . so be sure to go post if you want to play .

well you all have a great weekend I 'm going to be shopping online anyone know of some good bargain spots
    email me the url or link to them :)))

susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Maryanne,
    I got your hostess gift out today, DC# 0306 1070 0000 1496 4548, sorry no sex toys, depends, or cheap wine: )
    I just noticed your post right before the one I wrote with aution photos! lol. The bird was above the couch in the corner, but it must of been quiet while you were here.
    Linda posted the hallmark site like you sent me, but that's all I've heard. It is from when Noritake was first sending stuff to the US. I'll come to your house and pick up all your stuff when you croak, lol.

Trish,
    I'm still working on your box. It is almost done!

Rudolph is coming on, got to go.
    Talk to you all soon,
    Remy

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi MaryEllen/Mellen, do you really live on QQ street? I have your package ready to go, looked up the address and thought well that can't be right but it must be right cause Ms. Susie doesn't make mistakes...sent you a email too, please advise. I did find a really cool THING, which I hope you like, in a antique mall here in town, however, it is not antique. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Remy, DH and I watched Rudolph too. Then we watched the 50's Doo wop special on PBS that was fun. If I had a spare $150.00 I would donate it to get the show dvd's...was singing and wrapping presents...

Sassy, Yea for Xmas Eve off! I will tell my friend you saw the Sears commercial, I have been looking for it here, nothing yet.

Maryanne please remember to post when you receive Sassy's gift. In detail. lol

Jules, sending good thoughts and best wishes on your finals, my college girl has been secluded on a nest in the middle of her bed for 3 days, when she is not at work, got the laptop on there, surrounded by piles of books...finals next week here I can't wait for this to be over. People coming and going, studying, its like she's Buddha or something and they are paying homage.

Remy and Maryanne, I like to pick up cut glass, crystal, bone china here and there and love Portmeirion stoneware. Found a new source today while out looking for Mellen's gift. Tons of reasonably priced bits and pieces. I like to collect serving dishes too, can always justify those cause we really do use them when entertaining. Of course most of the time they hang out in the garage on their own specifically designated shelving unit,lol... That's only cause I don't have an attic or basement. Then of coure I would own more...

Maryanne. Leave the china etc to grandbaby of course! 80 years from now.

Well we finally got a killing frost here in P'cola, last night if it was blooming, its gone now. Ah well.

Susie, dear lady, keep off your feet as much as possible please. Internet shopping is the best, did about half mine this year online. Also it is common to find free shipping at this time a year on many sites. Enjoy!

o.k. off to pack up the wrap. (paper)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    One of the packages arrived...that was quick!
    2 snowmen -one a set/tealight holder) and the other-a big round 'crackled' snowman!

Also, a few yummy smelling tealights!

Thanks so much!

Deb

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

I have been reading the messages from time to time and wanted to post and wish everyone Happy Holidays... and good luck at getting ready for the holidays. It's a busy time of the year; isn't it?
    Whoever has the spotted puppies, those are so cute! You are on the west coast; aren't you? Too far away for me to offer to take one of them. Oh, well, that may be best since I don't need another pet - but sure are tempting.
    I wanted to ask about the Jan. Swap. I haven't joined in on any of the swaps yet, but would like to find out more about Jan. - if anyone knows that far in advance. You can e-mail me about it if you like. I will be gone from late December until Jan. 5th so just hoping to find out about it in time to join in if I can. (Does that make sense?)
    Well, the decorations may be up at my house, but the boxes are still lingering and everything needs to be cleaned up so I'd better get to it. If you would like to see pictures of one of my trees, I will try to post it in the pictures section. (I was glad to see that some of the others in the group put up multiple trees... sometimes I think I am the only one!)
    As for crafts, I am a quilter and I do a little crochet and rarer still, cross stitch. That has gotten too hard on my eyes and I never really had a lot of patience for all those stitches. I love to work with photo slideshows set to music on the computer and have made several gifts for family that way.
    Very cold here today. In fact, it says it is 19 degrees right now.

Have a great day!

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thanks for letting me know remy, i'll keep my eye out for it and let you know when it arrives. and thank God, you used better judgment than to send me one of carol's suggestions LOLOLOLOLOL. after i saw that, i thought i should actually give a few suggestions. oh, and i did notice linda sent you the link i had provided to her. that made me laugh.

dizz/susan, never heard of anyone that collects fruitcakes. that's a pretty strange collection. do you let them harden and use as door stops or something?

jeanne, i believe january is fruitcakes. there's a list that i'm sure susie can send or post here as a reminder.

annie, lovely box you got from laura. she was my pal in october and certainly spoiled me and packed a box to overflow.

susan, you are scaring me a tad. (please post in detail about sassy's gift) perhaps you two spoke about something because i went back to read things and get no hint. utoh! and as for leaving things to the baby, there's more than enough to leave to everyone. i initally thought to leave everything to her, but that's not going to happen.

as for those puppies, it is virtually impossible for me to drive out and meet tina and rick at this time, maybe more towards the end of the year, but not right now. for some reason i don't think tina reads her mail. i wouldn't mind one or two of them, but just could never make that drive now.

speaking of dogs. my two are really getting better. the little one is too funny. she's the biggest baby and squeaks and cries if i leave the room. the other one is trying to get some attention and the little one butts right into it so when i am not in the room, they are truly squabbling. this is quite interesting to see/hear. nice to be loved.

sue and/or nancy, so what's this friendship cake...is it the same as the amish friendship cake that started to circulate?

so does anyone have a really great punch recipe? either alcoholic or non. i'll wind up make one for the "big" kids and one for the little kids, so any recipe would be welcomed.

hope eveyrone has a great day. it's not as cold here today nor is it windy. need to get some stuff outside cleaned up and put away before the real winter hits.

be well
    maryanne

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I have worried Maryanne, she is afraid some of you won't know I was joking about her gifts, I have assured her you know but should she get depends or cheap wine she can pass it out to local wino's for christmas, sex toys too for that matter of sex toys can be dog toys. no need to worry Maryanne, no one would do that to you except maybe me or sassy who can't be trusted. did you see my haloween gift from her? hugs

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

i received a hostess gift from debby today, thank you so much. a beautiful set of holiday kitchen towels, pot holder and oven glove as well as the december/holiday issue of the good cook. since i am in absolutely no mood to clean, i found a recipe or two that i am going to put to the test, so i'll be back on later.

thanks again deb,
    maryanne

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies
    what a long day thought it would never "wine " down :)) my Niece came & we went to her house baked cookies had a glass of wine baked bread puddding had a glass of wine ,
    took the kids out to the hill came in for yep glass of wine Kids Got hot coco :(

by time it was ready to eat gary came in with some more wine so I know my antibiotic is sleeping today & soon I
    will be also .
    but i just wanted to say mary ann I will send you the recipe for the cake it is very easy takes 30 days so pray for wine from the girls . :))
    my new batch will be ready to bake next week weds :))

Oh another surprise today Molly has 2 babies wounder how many other eggs I thought wer bad will actually hatch??
    will know tomorrow .

you all have a great night
    susie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Maryanne,
    I'm glad your happy with your hostess gifts!

Mary Ellen,
    Your second box came today! What a nice package! I LOVE everything that you sent!
    3-votives (that smell so good), cute tealite ceramic snowman, 2 packages of silver 'sparkly' ornaments, Frog wooden bird house, Cardinal/glass candle holder, 2- fabric snowmen door hangers, birdseed bell, bird feeder, milk chocolate in a mini jar, 2- suet cakes, little puffy fabric snowman, and a 'bird call' instrument.

Thank you so much!
    Deb

• mellen
    17 years ago

Deb, You're welcome. I enjoyed shopping and sending to you.

Maryanne, this was a fun exchange. One of these days, I will get a few things to you. Did someone say you are wanting sex toys? Hmmm.....interesting.

Susan, I just read your e-mail and sent you an answer.

It's been a beautiful week-end here. Highs in the 40's with sunshine. Mary Ellen/Mellen

• dancingmoons
    17 years ago

~~Good morning to all :)
    What nice boxes are arriving to everyone! I did some shopping on Saturday, and i think i may be finished up with Sassy's box, but need to check through my bags! I hope to get it out to you Sassy on Tuesday, i will post when i do!
    ~~OH!! One IMPORTANT thing, i need Sassy's mailing Addy please! If anyone can send it to me that would be great. I looked through my BF file in my email, and could not find it, so i really need it to send her box out!!!
    ~~I am so happy for my son this Christmas, my daughter was able to pick up one of thise new Nintendo Wii video game systems. She got lucky!! very lucky as they are one of the new systems that are almost impossible to get...She works at Lenscrafters at the local mall, and there is a game store next to her so she has been checking there for me daily...and they got a shipment of them in on Friday, and were handing out "tickets" for them, and she got the last ticket!! and was able to get one!!..My son ( who is 15 ) never asks for anything, but this year he did ask for that nintendo, and i figured i would have to give him an IOU, for whenever i could get one after Christmas, but nope, he will be one happy boy this year~~and i am one happy mom!!
    ~~I am almost done with my shopping, yippie!! then i have to wrap everything, i think that is my least favorite part of Christmas, the wrapping!
    I hope to get my Christmas tree today, and put it up Tuesday (my day off) Sometime i wish i had an artificial one, but i do so love the smell of a fresh cut tree!!
    ~~Susie, that is so exciting that you are getting new baby birds!! I love birds. always wanted a parrot or love birds, maybe someday!
    ~~Carol, the pics of patches & chub chub are great!! tehy are adorable!!
    ~~Hope everyone has a great day, and a good week, hope we get a little snow for Christmas...that would be nice.
    DH and i are mega cleaning the kitchen this weekend, UGH! Everything, fridge, toaster, coffe pot, cabinets, floor, windows, whatever is in there is getting cleaned,
    and re-organized...It does make it easier when we do it
    together!! So off to do some laundry before we tackle that
    project!!
    Blue Skies to all!!
    Trish

• skohler
    17 years ago

GOOD MORNING ALL :))
    Well I guess the xmas spirit got to me a bit yesterday
    with my neice & the kids :))
    Sandlapper forgive me for not responding to your quesion
    last evening .

as you all know my other computer crashed & I have to have my nephew work on it & I don't know if I will loose everything on it or not .

I Have this printed off & as we go some things do change
    But for now this is the way it stands :)) so you have time to find bargins for these swaps if you want to play .

sand)Jean we will have klickitat put your name on the list if you want & you can go on your trip with mind at ease :)) anyone else that might be going away please
    let our hostest for JANUARY know for sign up will be the last 2 weeks of Dec :)

Klickitat : This is your 1st time of being hostess so don't freak out on us this is easier then you think :))
    email any concerns you have . someone is always here to help you.

well I know many of you are busy getting ready for the Holiday's But I DO HOPE You will drop by to read our well wishes to you & your families .

We have a very nice group HAPPY HOLIDAYS MY FRIENDS.
    susie

JAN "FRUITCAKE SWAP" HOSTED BY: KLICKITAT
    FEB "VALENTINES SWAP HOSTED BY :SKOHLER
    MARCH " PET'S SWAP" HOSTED BY" TASTEFULLYJULIE
    APRIL "SPRING SEED SWAP HOSTED BY AMYBABYBOY3
    MAY ??? HOSTED BY FAITHINFROGS
    JUNE "PATRIOTIC " HOSTED BY LIL_GREEN_THUMB
    JULY DAYLILY & LILLIUM SWAP HOSTED BY: IRISH_ROSE_GROWER
    AUGUST "COOKBOOK SWAP ": HOSTED BY SASSYD
    SEPT "FALL PLANTS " HOSTED BY GIVERNY4ME
    OCT "HALLOWEEN 2" HOSTED BY :LUNAMOON
    NOV " ???? HOSTED BY: SGUANZON
    DEC " XMAS " HOSTED BY CEDARNEST

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Okay, Susie, but I may get quite a surprise. I have no idea what a Fruitcake Swap is... I am assuming it is not really to swap fruitcakes! LOL
    I will still be here in mid-December so I think I will read the rules for that swap and then see what I think. The rest of the swaps that are listed for 2007 seem a little more obvious to me.

Jeanne

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Jeanne,
    I asked the same question! And found out that you just have to be a 'fruitcake' to participate, LOL. I'm assuming you can send real fruitcake too! ;)

Deb

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Klickitat said the fruitcake swap is to include a hideous Christmas present in your swap box. Fruitcake is symbolic of the unwanted Christmas present, but one does not have to go in the swap box. She sisn'twant anyone to have to go out and purchase or make a fruitcake to participate. I will personally not be adding a fruitcake, but a most hideous present, lol!

I spent yesterday getting a Christmas tree, and decorating! I posted a couple pics on the photo thread.

Susan,
    I have portmeirion botanic garden dishes! Now I've seen the rose ones and want them too, lol!

Carol,
    Lol! It would be really really funny if someone didn't know you were joking!

Remy

• llbean
    17 years ago

Ladies....

AHh so nice to be home. DH Gma got really sick and we had to fly to Calif. to make sire that everything was ok, and it's not.. SO we ended up spending some time out there is San FranCisco packin gup his gma's house and putting her in an Extended car facility because none of her children have big enough homes to accomadate her.
    Then we found out that she has opened many lines of credit to use for mail ordering and has ordered many QVC items and other things. SHe is late with her house payment by many months and they were getting ready to repo the home that she has lived in for many years.. SOOOO,, as close as it is to Christmas, we are buying her home and going to fix it as a renter for vacationers or for full time renters.. Not sure yet. But for what she owed versus the cost of houses in this part of San Fran, we could not let it go.
    Besides she will need the money to pay all the CC companies. Ahhh how the mind works.
    Well I am glad that everyone is getting such nice things for Christmas.
    Sassy~
    I did not list anything, because it is about what you want to give. I will/would love anything. I am so easy...
    Besides it really is about giving. For me I would rather give than get.
    Mrk replaced the carpet in the house and was going to get me a gift gift for Christmas and I told him lets not buy for each other and find out who is staying at the local shelter near our home and pick two families to buy for.. I would rather do that.. We tend to buy what we want during the year and this way I can teach DS what it means to give.
    So Remy, you did not get the email. I will try again.. I have a couple more brac. that I just found that say "mom" or "mother" but no God mother.
    Earthly~ Your welcome for the box. I hope you enjoy it. I love Paula Dean. Do you already get that Mag?
    The pattern is 643 wildflowers by Dalton Imperial China it is very pretty, just not me.
    I hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for the Holiday.
    I will try to post later...
    Laura

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Well ladies , we are back...had a great time...and I am POOPED! LoL

I read all the posts.
    Wow we are a chatty bunch! Isn't that great! I looked at the pics o the other thread as well. Great photos everyone!
    I will post some pics from the trip this week sometime.

Susie - your babies are sooooooooooo adorable! How great that you got Molly back and tht she is so happy now, and a new mother and wife! :-)
    You stay off your feet. Sending you HUGE hugs sweetie. We'll make sure you get a puppy when you are all better and then you and daddy can enjoy it together :-)

Maryanne - I do read my e-mail young lady! :-)I never got any from you that wasn't from a post. I think our e-mails don't like each other. Mine takes hours to arrive, and yours nver gets here, LoL.BTW, you are do fabulous as hostess this month!

Sounds like everyone is getting some GREAT Christmas presents! Yeah!!!!!!

Laura - I think what you and your husband did for G'ma is great. Family is the most important thing thing isn't it!
    And what you are doing for Christmas is just wonderful.
    Bless your hearts. Your son is going to grow up to be such a loving young man.

Michelle - Best wishes for you and mom this surgery.
    Be careful with the roads this time of year.

To the rest of the gals - I am sending you all best wishes and hugs. Have a wonderful week.

Oh, Carol, your fat little pups are so cute. I can't wait to mate Sissy next year. Are jack russle litters usually that small?

Have a wonderful night everyone.
    Hugs,
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

mary ellen...NO THANKS! lol

tina, welcome back. i immediately answered your email as well as rick's. check your junk folder. oh, and thanks for the "young" comment.

deb, nice package received. i'm interested to hear more on the bird call thing.

that's three down, the rest of us to go.

so, if we aren't sending fruitcakes for january, are we sending our pets in march? too funny, i was thinking we were really sending fruitcakes in january. there are some good ones out there. and remy, i'm surprised you and gary wouldn't take a shot at making a panettone. tsk tsk tsk. bad italian girl, bad bad bad. how's the pup?

carol, the only thing that was starting to make me nervous was theresa's comment about sassy's gift. i sat here forever getting scared LOL

laura, what a beautiful heart you have. postive thoughts for your hub's gmom. good luck on the house purchase.

hey trish, when you and the old man are done cleaning yours, how about coming here and helping me? no matter how hard i try, it just doesn't happen. the only time my place was spotless is when i had this idea i wanted to pack up and move. i never saw my place look so perfect, everything put away, everything sparkled. then i got annoyed with the realtor (long story) and said ^%$& you, and pulled the listing. didn't take too long to go back to "comfortable" living.

sue, thanks for posting the update. i thought i had it saved, just couldn't locate it right away. saved it this time. also, want to make sure you got a response to your mail. good luck with the birds. i would love to see a full picture of your set up, if you can get a shot of the room where they live.

carol, doggies are adorable. so you and tina are going to mate, huh?

i spent today cleaning up the carp still lingering in the yard and getting it into the garage. i need a bigger garage.

refusing to even look up portmeirion pottery. i went to an estate sale today and as much as i wanted many, many thing, i was only there for one thing and didn't even get it. i'm haggling on the price. the guy is willing, his wife isn't. if i don't get it, oh well, i don't need it. he did have a cabinet full of glass/crystal that he was willing to let go for $50.00 ~~ i was so proud of myself, i said no thank you. man, i wanted some of those pieces. LOL - you just have to love ancient people's stuff. he was pushing linens, but i could open my own shop. more than i'll ever use in 5 lifetimes. obsession is a true illness, isn't it? LMAO

sassy, glad to hear you don't have to work christmas eve. you sound like you are a trip. i enjoy reading your posts.

micke, best of luck to you mom. you too, all that travelling and such. it's rough when it's not around the corner. i am lucky, a lot of family close by. that's probably the real reason i didn't move. although i did find a magnificent house -- need lots of work, but oh, what a house.

okay, enough babbling and it's getting late.

be well,
    maryanne

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Laura, I feel for you with the Gram odyssey. I made several impromptu trips north when my dad was still living independently only NOT independently if you know what I mean. He had 6 sons, not one of them could put him in an extended care facility. Not one of them could take him in because he needed constant supervision and they all worked of course. Now when they need help with the inlaws they call me cause I am the nursinghome expert...God Bless all the ladies taking care of their elderly relatives at this time of year, seems like (in my experience with my dad and my elderly friends on my block) they get more agitated and there is never enough time to do everything.

Regarding QVC my DD's friend-boy works UPS during Christmas and he says their are several elderly people that get QVC every day. He says they want to talk but the driver needs him to go. Sad.

Re: carpeting, yea! I am getting 2 storm doors AND the carpenter to put them in for Christmas. Carpenter does'nt get to stay though.

Remy I have botanic garden Portmeirion too. Started collecting it years ago before I knew what all that latin was...before my gardens took over my life(thats a good thing) now I look at them and enjoy them more knowing what the flower is...

Laura, Good for you with the shelter gifts. My kids grew up doing that, now my daughter picked up a ticket from an angel tree on her own this year, outfitting a little girl from head to toe and bought her a Dora doll with her own money...

Maryanne you have large fish in your backyard?lol.

Susie, "Bird Lady of Michigan" glad your birds are happy. They are so pretty. Are you keeping off your feet?

Trish congrats on the "Wii", DD's friend boy is looking for that so I hear about it daily. I agree with you it is nice to be able to get the teens something they really want especially when they are good kids, a lot of times that goes unrecognized..... I am trying to get inspired to deep clean my kitchen by reading your post over and over and over....well will scrub the floor anyway.

Off the wash and iron, Ciao Ladies

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Just a quick note to let you know that Earthly's hostess gift went out today conf #03060320000033752534

and Theresa your box went out conf #03060320000033752435

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hi everyone. hope you all had a nice day. weather was just great here, so i got some outside decorating done.

i received a wonderful hostess package from remy today. my oh my girlie, you can stuff an envelope. i just love everything - it's all "so me".

a wonderful hallmark keepsake ornament (i love getting ornaments) this one is called merry kitchen magic. it's an apron and in the pockets are all miniature kitchen utensils, the hanging part is a mini rolling pin. just so wonderful!

i received canning labels and christmas socks - both of which were in snowman decorated burlap bags (remy, did you decorate/make these bags? - they are just too adorable). a package of note cards, a nostalgic type calendar and vintage pictured glitter stickers. all of these came packed inside a decorated envelope.

remy, i just love everything. thank you so much!

maryanne

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies I forgot to let you all know we have 3 Birthdays this month

DEBBYA DEC 17TH BRITTNEYGRAM DEC 24TH CEDARNEST DEC 31ST

SORRY I DON'T HAVE ANY BIRTHDAY CAKE TO POST FOR YOU LADIES IT WAS ON MY OTHER COMPUTER .
    LADIES I'M WISHING YOU AL THE BEST OF ALL BIRTHDAYS THIS MONTH .

AS FOR JANUARYS : FRUIT CAKE SWAP KLICKITAT WILL POST THE RULES FOR YOU BY THE 22ND IF HER CLASSES PERMIT .
    THERE ARE SOME VERY GOOD CAKES OUT THERE.
    BUT WHEN YOU SIGN UP TO PLAY MAYBE YOU CAN PUT NO CAKE
    IF YOU DO NOT WANT ONE .
    WELL TIME TO SIT BACK FOR THE EVENING HAVE A GREAT EVENING .

SUSIE

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Trish my daughter is a manager of a lenscrafter store, just got an interview for a distric job. spoiled grandson has the wii, spoiled brat. Maryanne, hope your doggies like the sex toys, glad they are doing well, don't be putting carp in your garage they need to be in water. Susie be well, no more sickness for you. I am mad our airport took down all its christmas trees because a rabi threaghtened to sue if they didn't put up a menorah, so airport took down trees, Tina, my other jack always had 6 pups. this is tiylis first litter she is a young dog. have you found homes for your pups?here in seattle it costs 45.00 a year for a licence for a dog that is not fixed so there aren't many mixed breed pups, so people even get money for them I hope to mail my pkg wednesday, having trouple gett to po, hang in there given. hugs

• micke
    17 years ago

My children are bad, bad, bad, all they are going to get for Christmas is coal... I spent hours Saturday night wrapping gifts and putting them under the tree. They spent Sunday morning (before we got up) unwrapping the corners of their gifts to see what they got. I was so astonished when I asked my 11 year old if he did it and he hung his head and said yes, he is normally such a good boy too, I would of expected it out of my 5 year old as he can be a little monster, but not Kody! Really broke my heart, hubby and I don't buy for each other on Christmas and that is our Christmas gift, seeing the surprise on the kids faces, they make get a surprise when all they unwrap is socks and underwear. I am still working on a punishment for them, we spent alot of time picking out their gifts, and it was stuff they really wanted and things we wanted them to get to have.
    mom had her surgery and came out of it with flying colors, thanks for the well wishes!
    carol, my mother used to raise birds and the cockatiels were my favorite, the babies are so neat, we hand raised alot of them so they were really tame, the love birds were really pretty but they can be mean little suckers!
    oh meant to tell you too the cockatiels will lay the eggs on different days, so that is why you are having them hatched on seperate days.
    michelle

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Good evening everyone.Haven't had too much time to be on lately.Christmas rush is hitting early.Just had to check and see whos been naughty and whos been nice. Oh My...Looks like it is still the delighful mix of "Both" that I have come to love so much about you all : )

Maryanne your Hostess Gift Is On Its Way.
    #9150 8052 1390 7503 5235 58
    Hope you like it! Thanks for being such a marvelous hostess for December.We appreciate you girlie!!

Well got some baby keets again.Man nobody told me when I started that parakeets multiply like mice!LOL She had 7 last time and now shes got 5 more.They really keep me hopping.I am hand feeding them again so they will be really tame and ready for new homes by Christmas hopefully.We have our first Christmas get together this weekend at my daughters home.Hope she don't pitch a fit when we show up at her house this weekend with a nestbox full of baby birds that I need to feed.Oh well like I always say "a mother does what shy has to do for her babies".Think that will fly with her? Heck yes shes used to it!!

Have a Great Week Ladies!!
    Nancy

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Hey y'all, uummmm... so that was a joke about the sex toys for Maryanne? Drat, bet they don't take returns at that place. Just kidding!! LOL!

Hey Beans, that's really swell that y'all are looking after Gr'ma. One thing - you might want to look into contacting the elder abuse hot line & the attorney general about all those cards gr'ma collected & the companies that issued them. If she didn't have the income to obtain them, they are actually liable in many states for issuing them to her.
    It's a crying shame, but lots of lonely old folks will order stuff from the home shopping networks, just to have someone talk nice to them. Then they usually get to talk with the UPS person too. Speaking of elderly - --

Hey Michelle, glad your Mom is doing well! Why not share that love of surprise & joy with the kids so they know why you anticipate it so much with them. Bet they are going to remember this Christmas & how they disapointed you, for a long time.
    Maybe take some small baskets of things like lotions, pins, large ink pens, notecards & stamps to an old folks home & have the kids wrap & give it all out one at a time. Even things like a new pair of slippers or something small like a gift from a child can mean a lot when you're away from everything, alone and feeling forgotten.
    Might check with a local nursing home or assisted living facility & see what kind of items might be appreciated. Just a thought, I'll get off my soap box now. LOL! Can you tell I've got a soft spot for old folks?

Lots of pretty feathered & furred baby pics going up on the other thread.

Happy Birthday to the birthday gals this month! DEBBYA, BRITTNEYGRAM & CEDARNEST Hope your wishes come true!

I'm finishing up my December boxes this week.

And for anyone who doesn't want fruitcake, you can send it to ME! (as long as it's not that 5 year old brick you've been regifting your entire family with & which has finally come back to you)LOL!
    Have a great night everyone!
    Susann

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Just got home from doing some Christmas shopping. I still have a bit more to do. Though I have found more early this year though than I normally do. I'm usually still running around at the last minute.

Maryanne,
    I know how to pack! lol. I'm glad you thought everything was "so you" because I thought so too: )
    Lol, about the panettone. I make the pizzelles. I can always put them in the swap.

Trish,
    I've got everything for the box. Now, I just have actually put it all together in a box! So hopefully I'll have it mailed in the next couple days.

Laura,
    Have you tried to send an email again? I haven't seen one. I forgot to tell you. I rceived a brug cutting when I was in the rare and unusual swap. I put it in my table top fountain that just has a bubbler type water action over rocks(Did I just make sense? lol)because of the rooting machine we talked about awhile ago. Well, the brug started making roots right away! I'm going to have to pot it up soon.

Tina,
    Welcome back, glad you had a great time.

Michelle,
    Somehow I missed that you mom was getting operated on, but I'm glad to hear she is ok.
    I used to have a bunch of real coal that I got from a friend who's father worked at a school here that was actually still heated by coal. I would give chunks of to it my customers when I bartended. I wish I still had some. I would send you a bunch for those kids, lol!

Sassy,
    I'm glad the whole Christmas Eve thing worked out!

Nancy,
    You've got baby birdies too?!! I would be very amused if I was there to see your daughter get annoyed, lol.

Carol,
    How do you know so much about sex toys and that dogs like them? I know Jack Russells are very mischievous, so you have to remember to keep the bed room door closed, lol.

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sue g and nancy, thanks for the heads-up, i'll let you know as soon as they arrive.

bad remy, bad, bad, bad....i will not click the link, i will not click the link!!!

micke, one of my sisters was notorious for peeking. one year, her husband wrapped all of her gifts, then wrapped them inside a suitcase, then wrapped up the key and hid the key. my parents, when they would find out, would be furious. my husband did that to me our first christmas. i didn't know until he would pick up a package, shake it and say "this sounds like a ----", after the second or third time, i realized he looked at everything. nothing was a surprise. i'm so glad your mom is doing well. will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

here's my solution - ask each kid what they wanted the absolute most - then take them and that gift to a shelter or a drop off and make them put it in the bin or hand it over. that's a lesson they won't ever forget. maybe not so much the 5 year old, but the older one for sure.

i took care of my uncle for years. he has these three surviving vultures, i mean sisters, that never wanted to participate in anything, even when it came to his death. hands always out, stealing from him while he was incapacitated, claiming it was their due. made me sick to my stomach. it killed me because he was so much to so many people and helped everyone and those creeps had no decency to step up. families are funny sometimes, they want nothing to do with the care and welfare of the oldheads, but once they die, there they are with their bags and boxes to haul stuff out.

carol, i heard that on the news today; however, when they interviewed the rabbi, he said all he wanted was a menorah, he wasn't trying to cause trouble. they decided to take it all down before he could threaten a lawsuit. the a/p's response was that if they put up the menorah, then they would have to decorate for all the other religious affiliations.

dizz...not funny - well, it is funny. i have such a funny story about that kind of "gift", but it just couldn't be printed. LMAO

tina, let's hear about your trip.

is this thread getting to hard for everyone to open? should we start a new one, or wait for it to fill up?

be well,
    maryanne

• llbean
    17 years ago

Evening.. Ok LMAO because I am thinking.. Do I have to make a fruit-cake? OK Thank goodness NO!!!
    Can't wait for that swap.
    I read ahead and filled out my planner for the months of the next swaps.. If anyone gets overwhelmed or needs help hosting I will be happy to help out.

Michelle~
    I did that once and my mother then made me pick a gift, it did go to the shelter. Maybe have the 5 year old pick for the older child and the older for the younger, and don't unwrap them just make them take them their.. I know it is alot of money. But some lessons need to be learned the hard way. Or take them and put them away., or wrap a bunch of empty boxes and set them under the tree, then on Christmas when they open one and are really disappointed and they see an empty box you can say that is how you and dad felt knowing that you guys peeked and we spent so much time and money making sure that you were happy on Christmas.

Remy~
    Yes I have been sending emails. I will send thru here to see if it goes thru.

All the December B-days, I hope that you all have SUPER Enjoyable days.
    I also have a question to pose to all.. How many of you Winter Sow? I have not done it yet and I am scared and skeptical. I like results and I am afarid.. Actually I just started growing from seed this year and I used a grow light. I just got the Parks mag and I saw many things that I would like to try, but I have never WS and I am looking for advise on how to do it, and some pictures of peoples containers, as well as results. Yes I read the posts and I still feel skeptical.. PLease help me believe. Is anyone else ordering from Parks.. I have some Pink Beauties in mind for this summer. Which really goes against the anti-pink thing that I had going last year.

I am doing some private tutoring this weekend for some nursing students and I told myself that if enough students attended that I could get the grow light system from Parks that I might try it, (again becuase I am scared to WS) so..
    I think that we need a new thread.. this one is gettign long, mostly because I sit here and ramble.
    Also I am suddenly wanting to get a bird, my DH thinks that I am insane.. :)

Laura

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Laura,
    I tried winter sowing last year for the first time. I was happy with the results. I didn't go overboard, and only tried tomatoes and peppers. All different types of tomatoes, "Black Krim" (my favorite), Italian, "Brandy Wine" a "Golden Delicious" and a cherry. The peppers were just basic red/green. The plants were larger, and produced veggies much quicker. They seemed to be hardier, no bugs or rot problems. I'm going to do basically the same this year, tomatoes, peppers, plus some outdoor flowers. I've been saving my milk jugs for the last few weeks. The only question I have, is when does everyone start? I wasn't sure last year and started in early March. Is that too late?

Deb

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

O.k. I have 2 confirmation numbers. 0304 1070 0002 2236 3401 and 0304 1070 0002 2236 3395 one is for Mary Ellen one is for Maryanne. Now which is which, I don't know. The little old man behind the counter at the store was not feeling well and there were a lot of people behind me (he keeps all slips out of reach of civilians lol) I didnt notice till I was out the door...

Nancy and Susie and Micke, I enjoy reading about the bird babies. I guess I thought one had to be a specialist to raise birds from hatchlings? How did you learn all this? I suppose no one has cats?

Susann, re: attorney general, elder abuse hotline, that is good information I may need it with my elderly aunts. Now tell us for real what are you doing with the fruitcakes, using them for tufa bricks?????

Maryanne, re: oldheads, the ones that do nothing for the physical needs are the ones criticizing people at the funeral. Oh well. Also the ones caring for him knew he had no funds left, the others think there was a conspiracy re: money. Ha! There is no sheltering money once someone goes into extended care,their cash goes first before they can go on medicaid. The only cash you can shelter is to prepay your funeral before you sign the papers to go in...At least they don't toss people out of nursing homes anymore. sorry for depressing anyone!

I like the idea of visiting the nursing homes, used to do it when my daughter was in girl scouts but havent gone in years. There is a group here that visits vets and brings them all a treat bag...

Remy, o.k., I clicked. Then I clicked again.

RE: menorah controversy, do you think they could maybe figuire this all out in JULY?

RE: kids and packages, I never put their stuff under the tree till xmas eve. And they were in bed. However my brother did make his 5 year old give away a toy one year which I thought was a little harsh but seems to have worked... Laura's empty box scenario sounds good.

Remy if you get me in a swap you can send me pizzelle anytime. My son eats a panettone by himself for breakfast Christmas day.(store bought) He is very skinny but can eat alot.lol Pizzelle is just not the same store bought though.

Laura and Deb, I started my winter sowing, you would think I wouldnt have to do it in Florida, but to get anything to live through the heat here it needs a good root system. I sow flowers (perennials are hard for me to get going) and some shrubs I've rooted from cuttings which I hope will be well established when the real heat hits in May. I do have a sort of cold frame, a piece of lattice on four concrete blocks, with a tarp over it since we do get freezes here. Ugly, but effective. I have slowly accumulated perennials I would not be able to find here in the "box" stores so I think it is worthwhile. I am under the impression that true winter sowing is outside with the milk jugs, that suits me watching the grow lights would make me too anxious. What say you all ladies?

Deb I would love to sow tomatoes but I cannot get them to live through the humidity and bugs without pesticides. Shoot. So I support my local veg. stand.

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Oh my goodness I'm behind on reading posts. Each day gets busier and busier. I don't think I spent 2 hours at home from Friday morning until Sunday night. I was just in and out in and out. Shopping, A funeral, Cookie Party, and the Church Christmas Play has kept me busy. Every year I say I am not going to be in next years Christmas Play and I always say ok. My DH says I don't know how to say no.

Remy-Love your table....I would love to find one just like it.

Deb-My Aunt makes porcelain dolls and sells them at craft shows. I just love all the different ones you can make.

Trish-A lady I worked with years ago taught me how to crochet and today I am so thankful she did. I wish I could knit but cannot. I really like all the knitted things.

Laura-Loved all your pictures...My kitchen is red also...I really like it.

Annie-My tree is 6' and no I have never had home Christmas tours of my home but I love going to them. One home I went to last year had 23 Christmas trees. It was fantastic, looked like a minature Biltmore House edition.
    I will be going back this year and hope to get pictures.

Sassy-I think I would love a bird that talks...That would be so cool.

Maryanne-Whew I finally got your box complete. A pal of Bubba's has missed him so much I am sending him to you..Heads up and he is so sweet and adorable, just like Bubba no trouble at all. I had to finish up something I made so off it goes today.
    Confirmation No. 0103 8555 7499 9850 8196

Susie-Prayers and hugs going up for you today. Hope you are feeling great today and in the days to come.

Deb-I got your great Christmas box last night and loved everything you sent, and then it was off to see the Overlook Players Homecoming Christmas Play with my DD. Oh it was so good......Anyway I will get a picture and post all the goodies when I get home...I do hope to stay home tonight that is if DD does not want to go and see the movie The Nativity.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hi everyone.

thanks shirley, i'll let you know when it arrives. bubba is so excited, he won't shut up! LOL

the airport put the trees back up as well as a menorah. it's sad, the rabbi was taking all that slack, when in fact, all he wanted was a little recognition.

laura, i have wintersown the last few years. i wasn't too sure of it at first, because i was just so bad with seeds, but it worked. i have saved every milk and soda jug and some other containers all year long plus the ones that were salvagable from last season are just waiting to be filled. some people have started already, but i think the general rule is winter soltice. it really works.

susan, i will also let you know when your package arrives, thanks for the heads-up. i can only eat a piece of panettone - wow, your son eats a whole one. they aren't all that big, but dense and rich. a little goes a long way. i too find it easier to buy than to make them. i just tried a recipe from the magazine laura sent - it's kind of the french equivalent of a pizzelle - guafette - ever hear of it? it's not bad, but could never replace a pizzelle.

i still ahve a coal bin in my basement. it was never filled in. i only lifted it once a long time ago, remember seeing coal in it. maybe it will come back into fashion, afterall, it's such an efficient heat source.

so micke, have you decided how you are going to handle things? whatever it is, i wish ya strength.

hope everyone is well.
    maryanne

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Patty - Your package went out today. DC# is 0306 0320 0000 8715 8023
    I hope you enjoy!

Maryanne - I will be sending out your hostess gift very soon. I had one, but I think Debbya may have sent you exactly what I was going to, LoL. We have very similar tastes, so it doesn't surprise me a bit :-)

I will post more about the trip soon. Not feeling the best right now. Started vomiting yesterday and still running a temp, but I think I am on the mend.

Have a good night ladies -
    Tina

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Deb-Thank you so much for my wonderful Christmas box. You did a great job on selecting all the goodies.
    {{gwi:1317610}}

Billfold-I love and needed this...my other one bit the dust. I will think of you each time I carry it.
    snowman note pad-never get to many of these
    candle and dish-I love good smelling candles
    snowman candy dish-To put my Christmas candy in
    14 month 2007 mousepad calendar...never seen one of these...love it
    snowman container-have several ideas for this
    box of hershey candies-can't wait to dive into this
    backyard & garden gate magazines....thanks a bunch...love reading these....
    This swap was so much fun thanks again Deb.

Shirley

• mellen
    17 years ago

Maryanne, Please tell me the names of your two pups. Thanks, Mary Ellen

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    I picked up two of the square skinny snowmen... I have mine on my desk filled with pens. It has the perfect shape for them.

I also picked up a wallet for me too.. in green. I adore leather!

I'm so glad nothing broke, I tried so hard to pack the box well. I used up every inch of space!

Deb

• micke
    17 years ago

Shirley, what month is that Garden Gate magazine? I see all the Hostas on the front of it, gotta get me that issue:)
    Laura, WS is fairly simple, but I usually start in Febuary, be careful with Parks though, I have ordered from them and I am still waiting on my Lisianthus from them that I ordered a season ago, they sent the seeds right out, had to push on them before they would send any of the bulbs they was suppose to send, every time I called on the Lisianthus they told me it was still on back order, I finally gave up, I just got their newest catalouge and I see they are still selling that item, hmmm...

giverny4me, birds are not hard at all the main thing to remember is you have to have a nesting box for them or they usually won't even lay eggs and if they do they won't sit on em, now mom had some finches and try as she could she could got them to hatch the eggs, she raised cockatiels, lovebirds, doves and parakeets, the cockatiels were her pride and joy though she had all different kinds of them, I had a blonde one from her and I thought that one was just georgeous

thats funny on the empty box thing cause while I was wrapping everything I talked with DH about getting into my supply of boxes and wrapping them to make it look like we had a gigantic amount around the tree, plus I thought if someone broke into the house maybe we would get lucky and they would just make off with the empty boxes, lol!!!
    Kody already feels very bad about what he did, he told me if he was me he would probuably take everything back, he said he would be okay with just clothes, he feels everything very deeply and tries to spare everyones feelings, he sticks up for the younger kids as well, if a little tyke is getting picked on on the bus he usually puts a stop to it very quickly, he just has a way about him, that's why this really threw me for a loop, Coleton on the other hand... I should of thought about it before I put them out there, but with everything going on haven't been getting much sleep and my mind just isn't where it needs to be lol!! DH told me that he was pretty sure I never put the gifts out before Christmas eve since Coleton has been two, thinking he may be right. Going to put all the clothing gifts out and hide the goodies (most of Kodys are Game Cube games and acessories, Coletons are Vtec games and acessories and cars stuff)
    they can open the clothing stuff Christmas morning and we are going to act like that is everything, then after Christmas dinner I will pull the rest out, and I am going to leave the wrapping paper as is, so they can think about it as they finish unwrapping them.
    My mom bought my oldest a futon bunkbed for his room, so when he has his friends stay over they won't have to sleep on the floor, it is so neat! One thing about it they don't have a clue what the grandparents are getting them, and as they are the only grandchildren they really get spoiled, I have had to put my foot down, they don't get gifts except for birthdays and christmas (clothes and little stuff sometimes, but they were getting way out of hand) I was lucky to get a birthday gift when I was a kid and Christmas I could count on getting at least two gifts, didn't hurt me none, think I turned out okay (well I might be a little wacked, but it just enhances my personality)
    I think I will get a basket of goodies though, and I will take the kids with me to my Uncles nursing home and let them hand them out, what a excellent idea, I will have my mom call the nursing home and find out what is acceptable and how many residents they have, love that idea more and more!!!
    this is getting hard to load, took me 5 minutes this time, I was blaming it on my computer!
    michelle

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    17 years ago

good morning everyone. i started a new thread. this one is pretty full and i believe some might be experiencing problems loading it.

updates posted on the new thread.

maryanne