SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remy_gw

UPDATE: Our Bloomin' Friends - Jan. Seed Swap

remy_gw
15 years ago

Our Bloomin' Friends is a year round trade group. If you are interested in joining, please email Veeja(Carol) or Brittneysgran(Shirley.) Though the email link on Carol's page is incorrect at the moment.

Here's where we stand at the moment:

Alwaysagarden- swapping

Amybabyboy - swapping

Beth_b_Kodiak - swapping

Brittneysgran - swapping

Debbya -sitting out

Dieg01991 -sitting out

Dirtundermynails -sitting out

Drgulley -sitting out

Earthly Delight -sitting out

Fcoffill -swapping *-received pkg.

Hazelnutbunny -sitting out

Ilovefarac -swapping

lil green thumb- on hiatus

LLbean -on hiatus

Luckyladyd -swapping *-received pkg.

Lunamoon - on hiatus

Margaret 2007 -swapping *-received pkg.

Mellen -swapping *-received pkg.

Missg -sitting out

Momcat -swapping

Remy - swapping

Sandlapper Rose - swapping *-received pkg.

Squanzon - swapping *-received pkg.

Theresa24 -swapping *-received pkg.

Veeja11 - sitting out

Wynative -sitting out

Comments (94)

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Remy
    Great article! It is always good to see companies that take an interest in their communities. I agree with Shirley, a story like that makes me want to go there.

I think I enjoy bird watching as much as I do gardening. We have a lot more birds in winter than I have ever seen before. chickadee, nuthatch, wrens, finchs, junco, thrasher, mocking birds, bluejays, cardinals a couple of different types of woodpeckers. Bluebirds nested in our birdhouse last year and we are hoping to lure them back this year with a wormbox. very exciting!

Theresa,
    I am just west of Charlotte, half way between the mountains and the beach! (We never go to the beach though we say we will every year. But we love the mountains so much) We also live just a few minutes from SC, (which is a very good thing in PEACH season) ha!

Lots of spring sign here, I found the fist daffodil bud yesterday!!! Big crowns of sedum buds are coming through the mulch, selfsown alysum seeds have started sprouting and my dianthus are perking up and putting on fresh growth, it won't be long!

The last cammilia flowers got bitten back by the cold, I was very sad to lose them, but they have been blooming since november I guess it's time. I have to find a spring blooming cultivar one of these days. Waiting now for the early azaleas!
    Frances

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Frances-You should consider coming to the big Asheville Plant swap the first week-end in May. Boy do we have lots of fun. It is going to be at Lake Julian again this year. Swappers come from Va, SC, GA, NC and one came from Las Vegas one year.

Shirley

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Our Bloomin Friends January Fruitcake Swap Part 3

Q

Comments (122)
    Klick, you can now put me as RECEIVED. Luna's/Jenell's box of wonderful gifts came today. And here is what she sent: -B&B Works lavender aromatherapy bath/shower gel that came in the shape of a champagne bottle -bath beads, bath salts, and bath fizzes -a bag full of Ghirardelli squares-milk chocolate with caramel filling-you used to send those to me two years ago--I still love them! -a cute flowered can cuzee with black feathers around the bottom-woowoo -white chocolate raspberry scented lip balm-it is awesome! -Life Savers fruit tarts-never had these before-really pucker your lips-sooo good! -a very cute flowered pen and sticky note paper set -stickers which I will take to school-the kids will love them -500 piece puzzle of a beautiful building surrounded by gorgeous flowers-I will also be taking this to school. When the kids have a bit of time toward the end of the period, I have a puzzle out for them to work on. This will be perfect! They love to do them. -a beautiful wrought iron scrolled wall hanging of two flowers with leaves and a butterfly. Jenell, I absolutely love this!!! Thank you so much! I can hang something from the end of it, too, I see. -some cool garden gloves-the kind that are porous material on the top so your hands can "breathe," and the palms are rubberized but not so thick that you can't pick up small objects. Great! -3 painted terra cotta planters on a terra cotta tray. Very Pretty. -a new journal with a gorgeous daylily on the front. Jenell, what a beautiful book you chose. I will be using this for my 2007 plant journal. Thank you for this, too. -lock de-icer -AND something I can't wait too take to school and display. A sticker that says WARNING-BEWARE OF THE TEACHER It's done in the usual warning signs that you see of black, red and white. Jenell, when I saw this I just burst out laughing. I LOVE it!!! DEFINITELY worth waiting for! -and last but not least, I now possess The Perfect Man. He's "sweet" and decadently "rich!" Just how a man ought to be!. It's 3.5 oz. of solid milk chocolate in the shape of a muscle man with white shorts with red hearts on them. This guy has a real 6-pak, short stumpy muscled legs, no neck, muscled arms, and a belly button. This is a HOOT! Maryanne, are you jealous??? Jenell, you really made my day with all of the fun, wonderful, and thoughtful things that you sent. If you were here, I would just hug you to pieces. Thank you so much for everything and for being such a wonderful bloomin' friend. Mary Ellen
    ...See More

UPDATE: All My Bloomin' Friend's Seed Swap

Q

Comments (63)
    I'm here and running late as usual. Well it's usual for these days. Years ago I was "NEVER" late. LOL Now it seems to tale me longer and longer to do less and less. Mellen, thanks so much for hosting. It was such fun to go through that big fat envelope of seeds. Many goodies in there for both my cottage garden and my herb garden. Extra thanks to Remy and Patty for the special seeds you sent. And, to whoever sent the striped rush. I sure didn't expect to get anything in that category. I'm wishing so much I could start planting but I think it will be easier to get packs of seeds across the border than trays of seedlings. I do have some plants that will be making the trip so I'll keep my fingers crossed. BB
    ...See More

UPDATE: #2 Our Bloomin Friends: "Storybooks"

Q

Comments (70)
    Hi ladies. I will have my Daughter teach me to post photos but for now I'll tell you about my package of treats. Inside I found a Jake Hatches A Plan storybook with highlighted references to each of the following gifts. white balloon flower seeds calla lily seeds (my sister is jealous) journey's end canna seeds Hale's Best cantaloupe seeds cosmic purple carrot seeds (I can't wait to see these) meringue coneflower seeds sundown coneflower seeds datura seeds daylily seeds Atlanta Big Time X daylily seeds Dutchman's pipevine seeds gold columbine seeds pumpkin tree seeds (I love these!) coconut extract cleaning clothes pirate patch daylily Carribean double coral daylily desert moon daylily sunrise gold daylily Jake velvet coloring sheet a really cute pen made from cushi balls that reminds me of a parrot (I love collecting pens) Lance crackers I'm so excited about this package. Thank you Shirley. NonnaG
    ...See More

UPDATE: update: Bloomin Friends Fall Foliage swap

Q

Comments (35)
    WOW : IF you all think I'm sweet its only because of this sweet box I recieved today :))) jeanette you just put 5 lbs of smiles on my waistline If I could even find a waitline :)) these chocolates are so good :)) but best of all was the rest of the box where I found . scilla camp Hyacinth bulbs , scilla siberica bulbs ,witch I will do a search on so I can find the best place to plant them . then there was narcissus trumpet "KING ALFRED" He sure looks like a king also :)) an Iris to add to my collection "LOW HO SILVER" I Hope you saved a few for yourself :))) very very nice fall gifts that are all so very usefull I love them . kitchen set of Towels/pot holder/ oven mitt photo calendar for 2007 Body Botanical bath fizz a pumpkin with 2 pine scented candles a scented sink strainer I never heard or seen these before sure going to use this one :)) package of 10 note cards I Like these & feel you can never have to many with all that I use . the paper lanter be use as my night light I just got a few of them from a close out summer sale & I like them in the bird room :)) & then its the pumpkin tin filled with the candy kisses & all the white & dark hershey chocolates all through the box . what a very lovely box :) its a rainy day today so the picture is a little dark but you can see the spider that was in my box :)) love him & glad it was no bubba :)) Shirley again very nice fall swap & job well done we can now close this one and start our next swap . thank you jeanette susie
    ...See More
  • Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Shirley
    That does sound like fun! If I can find someone to carpool with (still hopeful my DH will be back to work full time by then) I would love to come. Its a bit earlier than we usually come to the mountains, have the mountain laurels started blooming by then?
    Frances

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Remy,
    Just wondering and hoping that my seeds arrived please let me know if you get a chance. Thanks, Amy

P.s The article about your store is neat! We have nothing like that store where I live in GA but where I moved from in Florida they have nice stores like that! It is so nice to work somewhere that is good. I have a job that I really enjoy too!

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Amy,
    Your pkg. arrived today finally!! : )
    I'm glad to hear you enjoy your job. It does make things so much easier.

Jeanne,
    It is weird. I never really been in the paper since I was a kid and now twice in less than a year!
    I'm so jealous you talking about tulip buds. You know when I'll see tulip buds? April!

Shirley,
    There is one only about 8 hours away in Gainesville VA, lol. That sounds like an awful nice plant sale.

Frances,
    Wegmans was named the most ethical company or something like that. Humm, I've got to go look. Ok, I found it, see the link below if interested.
    You are making me jealous too, first daffodil bud!!

I've got off Mon. and Tues. so I'm going to work on getting this swap all wrapped up then.

Melissa,
    You about ready to post for next month? : )
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Wegmans Ethical Company

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I hope ya'll have had a great weekend so far.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll *try* to post next month's swap on Sunday. :O)

Ya'll have a great night!
    Melissa

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Melissa,
    I really want to join your "Just like a Sister" swap, but I may have to sit it out because of finances. I'm looking for work.

Cindy

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    Just stopping by to tell you I finished swapping the seeds around, I think, LOL! I now need to add my seeds into the mix. I figured it was easier that way.
    Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I wanted to pop in quick to say hello. I have been traveling a lot the last few weeks so I haven't been around much. But I am all caught up on reading the post.

I am super jealous of you ladies that can do gardening this time of year, even if it's just garden cleanup and pruning. Like Remy, we won't see any sign of life until April (at the earliest!). April showers bring May flowers. Our average last frost date is May 15th. That seems so far away! I am busy nursing all of the plants that I brought in for the winter and I can't wait to get them back outside. They start to look so sad this time of year!

I updated my "wants" list of plants last night. I was at Bachman's yesterday drooling over all the beautiful plants and making a list of the ones I want to add to my collection. I didn't buy any which took a lot of will power! :-) I can't wait until I can start trading plants again!!

Well, I better get back to work now. Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Amy A.

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I didn't get the seeds mailed, but I do have a very good reason. I got a call from my best friend from when I was a little girl. We haven't spoken to each other since 1982. She saw my pic in the Buffalo News with my married name, so she looked me up. We talked for quite some time. I wasn't about to tell her I've got to get off the phone to take care of seeds, LOL.
    I did get the packages done though, yea!! I believe you will all be happy. I worked my darnedest to try to make sure the seed distribution was geared to what everyone wanted. Some types of seeds there was a large quantity of and so if you get somethings wondering why, it is because of that.
    So I'll be mailing after work tomorrow : )

Amy A.
    You were very good to not buy anything! My overwintering plants don't look too hot either. I'm not a good plant overwinterer, lol, is that a word?
    Don't forget in the spring, I'll be mailing plants to you. We'll figure out when once we get into spring. If it ever arrives : )
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

remy, how wonderful that you reconnected. i love when that happens. i give you a lot of credit doing that seed swap. i remember mary ellen running one as our very first swap. i'd be insane receiving and sorting and packaging, etc. didn't we do a book swap too? who ran that? what was that one called? (geeze, i used to keep all those "records").

theresa, i realize i never included a thought for you and your son when you said he's down to just one shot a year. glad to hear things are looking up.

mary ellen, how ya healing?

i can't believe some of you girls talk about your ability to garden now. i keep looking out the window and dreaming, but that's as far as i've gotten. i'm waiting on one day to get in the high 30's or even hit 40 to go cut back some things including weeds.

carol...where ya hiding? how you feeling?

melissa, any new pix? how's the baby -- tell us about her eating and sleeping habits - her cooing and crying. has she put on a few ounces since she's been born? how is everyone taking to her? most importantly - are you getting the rest and nourishment you need? does hubs help out a lot? is this your only girl? (lots of questions for my book LOL)

this is the second time i've caught the weigh in portion of the big loser - i'm blown away by these participants and their ability to do what they do. i certainly wish them all the luck in the world to live healthier.

remy, i forgot to mention your article. you are becoming a media maven aren't you now? great story. great store - we love wegmans. the olive bar and the cheese shop are tops on my list and anything after that is icing on the cake.

dang shirley, i could have sent you several nests and you could have made a few dollars. we spray them at night and then knock it down the next day. my son this year b-b gunned one down. dumb move, but then again.....

i love all the pix.

april, how's the move going?

hope everyone is well.
    maryanne

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    The packages are on their way to you all, Yay!!!!

Maryanne,
    Yes, it was great to reconnect. She is a nurse and sounds like a very caring person. It will be interesting to see each other next Tues.
    Any of these upcoming locations listed on the link near you? I can request to go work for the opening week of stores. I've heard they are hard work but a lot of fun. And if we got together and did something, that would make it a great reason for me to ask about going!
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Wegmans upcoming store locations

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

remy, both would be equal distances in opposite directions. so make those plans!!!! if you can do one over the other, try for collegeville first. it would be great to be your hostess this time around.

i did some wintersowing today - 28 more containers. i'm determined to use every see i have in my stash and i am being very generous with the amount of seed in each container. today i came up with what i consider an ingenous idea for tagging/labeling. i am actually shoving the seed envelop (insider plastic) into the handle of the milk jugs. what didn't i ever think of this before?

who works on a laptop? i'm thinking of getting one. any suggestions?

i hope everyone read that melissa got hard hit from the storm. it would be nice if everyone can "check in" so we know how you are. kentucky, arkansas, missouri all in the path of that terrible storm, not to mention new england. makes me want to get all my ducks in a row.

hope everyone is staying warm.

be well
    maryanne

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!
    Remy, I didn't remember that you were sending me plants in the spring, but I do now. :-) Yeah! It does seem really far away doesn't it? You do deserve much credit for taking on a swap like this...wow, I'm with Maryanne, I would go insane trying to do that! Great job!!

Maryanne, It depends on what you'll be using the laptop for. You don't need anything too fancy for basic personal use. If, in addition to basic personal use, you want to use it for editing movies or creating graphics (or if you just hate Microsoft), then you should look at a Mac. My husband loves his Mac, they are getting more and more popular! I have a Dell laptop for school and an HP laptop for work. I have never had problems with either one (knock on wood). I like them both. Dell seems to be the most popular for personal use though. I'm not sure if they are less expensive or just more well known or what. My Dell is an Inspiron. I'm not sure about the HP. Good luck!

http://www.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/notebooks?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/prodserv/notebooks_tabletpcs.html

http://www.apple.com/macbook/

Take care and I'll talk to you soon,
    Amy A.

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maryanne,
    I let my boss know I'm interested in going to Collegeville. So we'll keep out fingers crossed!

Amy,
    Lol, I should of never said anything about the plants, no I'm kidding : )
    For the swap, I took paper grocery bags and cut them down a bit. I wrote the name of a swapper on each bag and I put their envelope in the bag(upright and closed). I had all the bags on my dining room table. Then I started with the swapper who sent the smallest amount first. I took their bag off the table removed the envelope dumped the contents and sorted to other swappers. I put their empty envelope back in their bag and put it back on the table. Then I took the next swapper who sent a smaller amount and did the same. I worked my way up. I ran into problems each time I realized I put seeds in one swappper's bag when another swapper had it on their wish list so then I was searching through bags. I also tried to work with the zone differences too. I tried to keep the large tropicals to the southern people. Then there was the duplicate type of seeds trying to remember if someone sent the same kind of seeds as someone else.
    I also learned I should of had all my seed packets ready before any seeds came, but I was trying to fill wants after the seeds were all sorted, so I did put seeds in people wanted, but not as many types went out because of time constraints.
    Before I made a final packing of people's envelopes, I went through their assortment checking for duplicates and making any adjustments I thought necessary.
    All in all, I think I did ok for being clueless, lol.

Oh! and everyone should say a big thank you to Mellen for sending such a large envelope of seeds without wanting much back! She really helped out this swap a lot.
    Remy

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    Here's the update on the questionnaires:
    Alwaysagarden - received
    Amybabyboy -received
    Beth_b_Kodiak -received
    Brittneysgran - received
    Debbya
    Dieg01991 - received
    Diggindirt - we're still holding a spot for you! : )
    Dirtundermynails -received
    Drgulley - received
    Earthly Delights
    Fcoffill -received
    Hazelnutbunny -received
    Ilovefarac - received
    lil green thumb -on hiatus
    LLbean - on hiatus
    Luckyladyd -received
    Lunamoon -no computer yet
    Margaret 2007 -received
    Mellen -received
    Missg-
    Momcat -received
    Remy -received
    Sandlapper Rose -received
    Squanzon - received
    Theresa24 -received
    Veeja11 - received
    Wynative - received

I think I got this right, lol.
    Maryanne, I never got yours.
    Remy

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Remy you are a cutie, and much younger than I thought. why was I sending you depends? I love the exploding stories. I too wonder why one would bring in a hornets nest. Remy also impressed you are in the news again and its all good, no robberies or dwi arrests. Maryanne where are the new pics of that cutie of yours. Bunny I love you like a sis and you are in my prayers. keep lilly warm. Maryellen hope you are all healed. Shirley hope Dawson is keeping you on your toes. hugs to all
    carol

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Wow! Those postal workers are working overtime! I got my seeds this morning! Fabulous selection everyone, outstanding job Remy, I can't wait to try out some of these seeds.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Frances

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

I received my seeds today, too. Thank you so much to everyone who sent seeds. There are so many unsual ones that I know I will enjoy trying out!
    Thank you especially, Remy. I think you did a great job sorting them and getting them out to us.
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

I got mine too...Remy if I had picked seeds out in a store it would have been most of the ones you sent me. I'm so excited getting all these. Sure glad I signed up for this one.

Mellen-Thanks to you for all the great seeds....I saw your name on alot of them.

And to everyone else I say thanks.

Shirley

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

OMG! I got my seeds today...what a wonderful assortment they are. Remy, you outdid yourself! I loved all the seeds and will get good use of them. There are several varieties that I have REALLY been wanting and many others that I was thrilled with after I googled them! Thank you so much and a big thanks to mellen....I can tell that she sent alot in...so many were from her.

I loved the article, Remy. But how did I miss the one with both you and Jeanne in it? What was that about?

Theresa

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I'm glad some of you already got your seeds!

Carol,
    Carol you are too funny! No, no arrests : )
    Lol, I'm not young. I'm just well preserved. I think it was the alcohol in college, or that I've had not children to put furrows in my face. LOL!

Theresa,
    I'm not sure how you missed it. I put a copy of it on the garden blog I started so you can see it there. Scroll down to Dec. 2 on the page.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Blog with copy of WSJ article

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I received my wonderful selection of seeds today Remy. Thank you so much for such a wonderful swap!

Sue G.

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Remy!...
    Thank you for the wonderful selection of seeds you sent me. You did a great job on my want list. I have to agree with Carol, what a pretty lady, and much younger than I thought too! Thanks for all your time and work... now I have more seeds to winter sow! heee
    Mellen,
    Wow... I too got many from you,thank you for being so generous! I would love to have a stash like yours one day... hoooo hooo : )
    Ladies,
    This was a fun swap, thank you. I really enjoy being here with all of you, what a nice group. : )

Cindy

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    As of right now the questionnaires are:
    Alwaysagarden - received
    Amybabyboy -received
    Beth_b_Kodiak -received
    Brittneysgran - received
    Debbya
    Dieg01991 - received
    Diggindirt - received
    Dirtundermynails -received
    Drgulley - received
    Earthly Delights
    Fcoffill -received
    Hazelnutbunny -received
    Ilovefarac - received
    lil green thumb -on hiatus
    LLbean - on hiatus
    Luckyladyd -received
    Lunamoon -no computer yet
    Margaret 2007 -received
    Mellen -received
    Missg-
    Momcat -received
    Remy -received
    Sandlapper Rose -received
    Squanzon - received
    Theresa24 -received
    Veeja11 - received
    Wynative - received

I'll email Deb and Gale.

Cindy,
    Lol! I'm not young...well. I'm not old either. I'm in the same decade as you! Right in the middle of that decade in fact, lol.
    Remy

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Got my seeds yesterday, too. Just was too involved with work to let you know. Thank you! What a great assortment! Remy, you did an awesome job. I also checked out your link of photos. Your flower photos are amazing. What beautiful gardens you have.
    Now I have to go familiarize myself with the new seeds I just received that I don't know.
    I did some wintersowing a week or two ago, and I'm not sure if I should be watering the containers. As they are open just at the top (l gal. milk jugs), they won't get much rain; however, I can't feel the soil without opening each bottle (they are taped shut). It's been real cold here every night - about 20 degrees - but in the daytime it has been sunny enough to make my unheated greenhouse register 65 degrees. Maybe it's been the same in the milk jugs?
    I think I've done it again this year: I planted some canna seeds, thinking they would take a long time to germinate and possibly not grow - since they were pretty old, and I had picked them up traveling - stuck them in a pill bottle and forgot them. Well, they have outgrown the first three pots they've lived in and I'm sure they will be too tall for the lights way before they can go live outside! I wonder what will happen if I cut them back indoors? I'd hate to do it before they bloom, as I am curious to see what color they will be, but they might get over eight feet tall!
    This week I hope to get some indoor planting done under lights in the basement. Is anyone else planting indoors now? What are you starting?
    Dottie

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Dottie,
    Thanks!
    I don't think you have to worry about your containers. I've found they do get enough rain with just the cap off. I don't need to water mine until spring, but winter is pretty moist around here. If you are getting nervous, a couple ways to tell is look down the hole for dry looking soil of course, and pick them up. If they feel light, they need water. If you are still unsure, open one up : )
    About your canna problem, I have no clue! : )
    Remy

• diggindirt49
    15 years ago

Remy and all OBF,
    I went to the PO this morning and had the most wonderful surprise!!!..... WOW!!! Thank you Remy and everybody else for the great swap. This was my first group swap and it was way more than I ever imagined. I had containers filled and waiting when the package arrived, so I have about half of my seeds already sown. Thanks Bev...can't wait till spring..

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Just had to pass along that I went to buy more potting soil today (winter sowing sure uses lots of it...LOL) and they had 6-packs of pansy plants for 10 cents a pack!!! Can you believe that? Anyway, I came home with 7 packs of them. Was tempted to get more, but then I have to think - when will I have time to plant everything? I guess the store was ready to get rid of them. They bloom until at least early May here so I will get plenty of enjoyment out of them to justify spending 70 cents. LOL
    Anyway, I figured only gardeners would enjoy that piece of brightness in my day.
    Jeanne

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Jeanne
    What a bargain! I have been looking at all of the pansies but hadn't bought any. I really missed them this winter, but with the drought last year I just couldn't stand the thought of buying them and not being able to water them, of course we ended up having plenty of rain this winter, but who knew? Soon I will have plenty of Daffodil and Dianthus, so I guess I'll just wait till next year for pansies

Here's hoping we don't have drought again in 2009

Frances

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

bev, you will learn the generosity of this group is over the top!

everyone seems so thrilled in the receipt of their seed packages. remy, i congratulate you on a fine job!

i actually did a little yard work this afternoon - the weather is gorgeous, although it will not be staying that way come tonight, but i was able to do some necessary weeding.

off to soak in the tub.

be well,
    maryanne

• amybabyboy3
    15 years ago

Remy, Mellen and friends,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful package that I received today. I just love everything in it and appreciate it so much. Thank you for sharing a part of your gardens with me.
    Remy, Thank you also for all your hard work. You are Awesome!
    Take care, Amy

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I'm glad more pkgs. have arrived and everyone seems happy so far : )
    Here's where we're at with pkgs. making it home:
    Alwaysagarden- received
    Amybabyboy - received
    Beth_b_Kodiak -
    Brittneysgran - received
    Fcoffill -received
    Ilovefarac -
    Luckyladyd -received
    Margaret 2007 -
    Mellen -
    Sandlapper Rose - received
    Squanzon - received
    Theresa24 -received

I believe that is correct.

Jeanne,
    That is a bargain! I don't think I've ever seen them that cheap. You're right non-gardeners would never understand, lol.
    Remy

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

What a wonderful package of seeds I received today! I cannot believe the excellent selection you included for me, Remy! How very thoughtful you were in the mixture you sent, knowing I mostly do hanging baskets & containers. You did such an outstanding job & I am sure you did for all of us who joined this RR. I loved your blog, too. It kept me busy admiring your plants & flowers for some time. What a talented lady you are. When I plant these from WS or Spring planting, you will be in my thoughts.
    Also, thank you, Mellen for the many seeds you sent for us all to enjoy! And thanks to each of you lovely ladies as I have really enjoyed following each of your postings! Blessings, Margaret

• mellen
    15 years ago

Hello, You all are so welcome for the seeds. I was so HAPPY to have a chance to "share" them. I had waaaayyy more than I could ever use. Still have lots here, too, but I hope to put a good share of them to use one way or another.

Have been praying for all of you who have had difficulties lately.

I am still healing well. Went back to work today for 1/2 day for the first time since December. It was great to see the kids! But oh am I hurting and sore tonight. Not complaining, though. It's a good thing.

Don't know if my seeds came yet, Remy. We didn't pick up our Saturday mail til this morning, and hubby has it. He will be home soon so I can find out.

Mary Ellen

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Mellen,
    Hope you are able to rest and take it easy so you can continue to heal.

Jeanne,
    Wow... 10 cents a six pack for Pansies! You made out like a bandit there girl!!! : )

Cindy

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I want to thank everyone for the great selection sent in! Also huge Thank You to Remy for a job well done!! I am thrilled with my selection! You did a wonderful job!

• mellen
    15 years ago

Remy, I received my package of seeds, and I am absolutely THRILLED with the selections!!! Thank you so much for all of the tomato varieties. I am anxious to try them, and I know hubby is, too. The other seeds that you sent are awesome! I didn't have a single one of them. I am soooo EXCITED!!! Also, Remy, Remy, you shouldn't have...postage and sign. MUCH, MUCH appreciated. Ladies, thank you for the seeds that you sent to share with the rest of us, too. I know I received a super variety! So happy to be a part of this group!
    Love you all,
    Mary Ellen

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I'm sore everyone has seen the post about Melissa. If you haven't check it out.
    Yesterday, I quite the day. I went to have lunch with my cousin who I haven't seen in a while. She had a baby girl in Oct. She was so cute. This is the kicker though. She had a baby girl when she was 18, then a boy when she was 30, and now one at 44! Plus, the girl from when she was 18 now has a 1 1/2 year old, lol. I think she's nuts, but she's happy. Oh and her husband is going to be in charge of the 198th division of the army! The guy in charge is going to be doing something else so for the time being it will be his job. He has been working his way up. He is Lt. Col. right now. I don't know if they will change his title. I'm not sure how all that army stuff works.
    Then in the evening I went to see my best friend from when I was little kid who I haven't seen since 1982. She shows up wearing the exact same winter coat, not a look alike, but the same brand and black. She was also wearing burgundy gloves, not the same as mine but same color. Then she sees my sweater and tells me she's got the same exact one, lol. Anyway we talked for hours!! It was a great time.

Mellen,
    I'm very happy you are happy. I had a tough time trying to play psychic seed swapper with you, lol.
    And I'm glad to see you are sort of back to work!

Margaret,
    I'm also happy you are pleased. It was easier with the planter thought in my head when choosing for you : )

Melinda,
    I'm happy I was able to give you some of your wish list!

So now this is where we stand:
    Alwaysagarden- received
    Amybabyboy - received
    Beth_b_Kodiak -
    Brittneysgran - received
    Diggindirt - received
    Fcoffill -received
    Ilovefarac -received
    Luckyladyd -received
    Margaret 2007 -received
    Mellen -received
    Sandlapper Rose - received
    Squanzon - received
    Theresa24 -received

Hopefully we hear from Beth and this swap can be officially closed.
    Remy

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Remy-Just a question-are we going to be receiving the information we filled out on the forms you sent? I do so want to know more about each member. I have no idea how this could be sent to all of us but I would be glad to pay postage to receive copies of each one's input. It would be a delight to learn about us & help when we exchange also. You have done so much already I hated to say anything & will understand if we don't receive. Thanks & Blessings, Margaret

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Margaret,
    I'm still waiting on a few people to compile them all. I'll send an email out with them once I get them all. I found that repeat adding on of info awhile back was a pain for everyone so that's why I wanted them all. But if I don't get them by the end of the week, I'll send out what I have since I don't want everyone waiting forever.
    Remy

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Thanks, Remy-You have gone above & beyond what is expected of hosting a RR. I hope when I host, I will be as thorough & thoughtful as you have been. You have set a very high standard for us to follow! Blessings, Margaret

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

remy, i am working on mine. i do have the old one - can you resend the new one you sent out to everyone so i know what the additional questions are?

thanks
    m

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maryanne,
    I sent you an email last night with the questionnaire. I resent it to you a few minutes ago. I hope you get it.

Margaret,
    Oh thanks, you are too sweet : )
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

thanks remy, it does help if i opened my email.

i'll be working on it, i promise.

maryanne

• remy_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"it does help if i opened my email." Lol, ummm.. yes that would help : ) I also sent you all the email address together.
    Remy

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies-Just wondering what is happening with everyone & wanted to wish each of you a Happy Valentine's Day. Do we have a list of who are hostesses & wondering if anyone has March. I haven't seen or maybe missed anything about a March RR for us. Hope everyone is doing well, staying warm & having a few nice days once in a while. Blessings, Margaret

{{gwi:1241532}}

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Margaret -
    I am the hostess for March. I will not post anything until the very end of February. For some of us, being able to send a bit later at this time of the year will allow us to send plants, cuttings, etc. so I am trying to time it so the sign up will be early in the month and the mail out deadline will be nearer to the end of March.
    There will be non-plant options for people who can't send and receive plants in March.
    Jeanne

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for the update, Jeanne. I think waiting until later is a great idea. I would like to know if we do have a list of hostesses so I can put my month in my calendar which I failed to do when I signed up! Careless me.

Remy-Your trip sounds great! Have a wonderful time & enjoy every minute of it. I think I read that on another RR!

Blessings to all, Margaret

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

January-(Remy)Seed Swap-----completed

February-(Melissa)LYLAS-Love You Like A Sister---in progress

March-(Jeanne) St. Patricks Day---Green

April- (Maryanne) April Showers Bring May Flowers

May- (Margaret) May Flowers and Showers

June- (Shirley) White Elephant Swap

July- (Theresa) Beat The Heat Swap

If any one decides they want to take Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov or Dec. let us know.

Margaret this is the line up for 2009.

Shirley