SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wizardnm

Farmers Market Report Week 6

wizardnm
11 years ago

It rained and I mean it really rained. I got there and it held off just long enough to get set up. The we had a thunderstorm, lightning and all... The gal just down from me started to set up then decided to pack up and leave. I saw several others pull up to unload, then drive off. I stuck it out, since we were set up. David met me there but didn't bring anything this week, he said his tomatoes were being very slow and he really didn't have enough to worry about. He did help me set up however.

A few early customers braved the rain but most waited it out. By about 9:30AM the sky was getting lighter and it was just misty. By about 10AM people started to show up and it turned out pretty good. I didn't sell out everything but I did manage to beat my total $$ from last week. I had doubled the number of pretzel rolls, raspberry bars and cinnamon rolls from last week. Had very few leftovers, just some sugar cookies (the families with kids weren't as brave about being there) and there was about 4 raspberry bars, 6 pretzel rolls, and 3 peach pie muffins left. Sold out of cinnamon rolls and Asiago bread. Feeling really good about it in spite of the rain. I had several return customers who said they were glad I was there.

About noon the wind really whipped up and I almost lost the canopy. David had said to call him if I needed help tearing down and I was going to do it by myself but.....when the canopy blew, it bent some of the braces and so I made the phone call. He was already on his way (big sigh of relief). Not sure how many shows the canopy has left in it..

Here are the pictures I managed to take as soon as it cleared enough to come out from under cover.

My goodies...

Looking down the row, there were about half as many vendors in our row as usual.

The sidewalk row... the guy with all the sweetcorn had to have been soaked thru...but he sold all his corn by about 11AM and left for home...

A gloomy view of the harbor this week..

Just two more markets before Labor Day, schools here don't start until after that. There will be a lull then until color season...

Nancy

Comments (9)