SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
garliclady_gw

Presenting yourself and you product at the farmers market.

garliclady
19 years ago

I think all who sell at farmers markets have found that just plopping stuff on a table and expecting it to sell doesn't work now days. How about sharing tips you have found to make your booth special so people will stop and remember you from week to week. Good produce is not enough some times because you have to have people stop and look first. We have all seen inferior products sell because of presentation or personallity of another vendor.

Before the market season starts up again maybe we can get ideas from each other.

Here is a couple of mine I'll share more as we go...

One of the markets I attend had a waiting list to get a permanent table. So each week I went for 2 years I had to set up at different places (using a table of some one who was not there that week) I used the same nice colorful table cloths each week. I had nice signs that mention my farm name alot. I told customers I had to be at different tables each week so look for the table cloths and signs. This year I finally got my own table but continued with the same color theme and setup. This year I want to change the table cloths but now with the customers knowing I have a permanent spot I feel I can with out confusion

Another was to have recipes sheets every week that used one or several of my products as ingredients . I sell fresh garlic (not common around here) and more unusual vegetables. I sometimes had samples of dip etc to have out to taste. Giving some people who might not stop a reason too . I can then talk to them and even if they don't buy from me that week they usually become a customer because they now have a connection

Can't wait to here some of your Ideas!!!

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus