SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
panda1148

Trim around the edges of the wall and on the corners

panda1148
14 years ago

Hi, I am new here. I have wondered for some time now how I should go about replacing the trim. It has broken off in a lot of places and nails are sticking out, we are now getting snagged on them and it hurts lol. Well the biggest concern now is a new baby, we dont want to see him/her getting hurt on those corners.

Anyway, the trim is tiny/thin peices of cheap looking trim. it is along all of the corners and along the ceilings. It is over all parts of our mobile home. Where the peices are broken off you can see the wallboard. There are gaps and you can see the stuff inside lol. I am not an expert and dont really know how explain what I see. I need to replace that trim or edging. I am just not sure what to use.

I would rather like to get nicer looking pieces. I know very well that parts of a house don't fit well in a mobile home. Are there any substitutes or websites that I can see what to expect? What if I fill in the gaps and smooth it out? I was going to remove the peeling wallpaper and paint over the vinyl, so is that possible (to just fill in the gaps and smooth it over or cover and blend it into the wall)?

Thanks for any help you could provide. I am clueless, so if I don't make any sense please let me know. If you would like pictures I could try to get some. Thanks again.

Amanda

Comment (1)

Sponsored