SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Shopping Shock, or how I saved 44% by buying online @ JCP

beekeeperswife
13 years ago

I am just amazed at this and had to share.

I was looking at curtain panels for my living room from JCP. I really wanted to have them "now" so I went into the store and bought them Their price was not the same as online, but I figured if they worked out, and the difference was significant, I would just turn around buy them online and return them to the store.

My total for the 8 panels was $269 at the store. (This was a "sale" price too.) (avg $33.75/panel)

At the time of checkout the salesperson told me to take a survey online and receive an instant 15% off coupon of my next purchase. I did that.

I liked the panels, decided to order them online asap because with my luck the online price would change. ($21/panel)

My online total including the 15% coupon came to $149. Free shipping to store. That's convenient because when I pick them up at the catalog counter, I'm going to walk 50 yards to the window treatment department and pull out my "in-store receipt" and return these panels.

Can you believe that? 44% cheaper. So why would I ever go shopping in the store if the prices are that much different?

Comments (24)