SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sharimac_gw

Need help tying three rooms together

Sharimac
11 years ago

After posting in the kitchen forum on how to lighten up my kithchen, it was suggested I post here as well since I need any changes I make to the kitchen to coordinate with two adjoing rooms, the DR and LR. We purchased this 127 year old Italinate house in June and moved in July, then had my sister's wedding in our back yard, so doing anything inside has been on hold. A lot of restoration work has been completed already. We just found out a corner of our foundation (the original rock foundation) is caving in, so that is something I have to plan for financially as well this spring.

I am posting first the photos of the house from BEFORE we moved in since they are a better quality then the ones I took on my cell phone.

Kitchen before we moved in: {{gwi:1564824}}From House
{{gwi:1564825}}From House

Kitchen after we moved in: {{gwi:1564826}}From House
{{gwi:1564827}}From House

LR before: {{gwi:1564828}}From House
{{gwi:1564829}}From House

LR after: {{gwi:1564830}}From House
{{gwi:1564831}}From House

DR before: {{gwi:1564832}}From House

DR after: {{gwi:1564833}}From House

For sure, the woodwork in the DR is going to be painted white to match the rest of the house, except LR (it is an addition to the house in 1998). Previous homeowner said it was a mistake to strip it since it is cheap pine, looks awful and was historically meant to be painted. In kitchen, walls and ceiling are going to be painted a light cream and white and subway tile backsplash installed. All else must remain for time being. LR needs repainted as well, it is currently a matte taupe on walls and ceiling both.

I am not sure where to start to get these rooms to flow into one another. The DR has original oak hardwood floor, kitchen has ceramic tile and LR has new cherry hardwood floor, so I have three different flooring. If DH and I can do it ourselves with a relatively inexpensive flooring, we can redo kitchen ourselves.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!