SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laundering_jew

Depth and Power Issues - Any Suggestions?

laundering_jew
16 years ago

Hi All,

Sadly, I recently had to give up my HE3t washer and HE4 dryer because I am moving to a condo with no room for these. The laundry closet in my new place has 28" usable depth. There is only 120V and gas, installing 240V in there would be prohibitively expensive. The combo came with a very old Kenmore 24" stacked unit - which "works" fine, but the clothes come out looking and feeling like shop rags.

I am looking to replace the Kenmore stacked unit with a small front loader like a Bosch Axxis. But without 240V, it seems my dryer choices are limited.

I could get a 120V electric dryer like a Malber TD700. Question: How do you stack a non-matched pair, e.g. Bosch washer + Malber dryer? Is there a universal mounting kit around?

I know Kenmore and GE also make 120V 24" dryers. But they only sell pedestals ("stack rack") or wall mounting kits. If I get the pedestal, the washer is going to stick out too far. Is there some reason these units cannot be directly stacked on a washer?

I would really prefer to use gas. Does anyone make a 24" (or thereabouts) gas dryer?

Sorry, two last questions: Has the technology of stacked units advanced at all in the last 5-10 years? If I were to get a new Kenmore 24" stacked unit, would there be an improvement over the old one I am using now?

Thanks very much and sorry for the long post - LJ

Comments (3)