SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melaska

More pics from 'the other side' of the world! :)

melaska
12 years ago

Hi...thanks, everyone, for all your great comments on my previous threads. Thought I'd post more.

Another reason not to have lots of different angles for a roof in Valdez. This one is supposed to be rated 250# per foot but I'd hate to take a chance!

Repost to explain...I showed hubby this pic & he said, "That's at the West tank farm!" He works for Alyeska Pipeline Service Co. (where tankers come in to load up w/oil). I wondered why the guy in this pic was wearing the ropes. He's on top of one of the tanks. There are 4 tanks in the West tank farm & 14 in the East tank farm. Each tank holds half a million barrels...63 feet high & diameter of 250 feet.

Stand-up Snow Angels!

Love this one! It's taken from across the city of Valdez across the bay.

Basketball team pushing bus in Valdez, Alaska. Notice them wearing short pants? It's real common here in all kinds on inclement weather. Even though we get lots of rain in the summer (even more than Seattle) you will not find one umbrella in the hands of a local. If you do see one, it's a tourist :)

I think it's time to shovel that roof?

Not sure where this was taken...it was on someone who is from Valdez FB page so didn't want to assume. Anyway...thought it was funny! LOL

Comments (15)