SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbntn74

Coffered Ceiling Color

Missy Benton
12 years ago

Hi Everyone.

Technically, the room I need help with is the great room but it is open to the kitchen (with a heavy trimmed arch as a visual divider) and I'm most comfortable in this forum.

Anyway, we are building a house and doing coffered ceilings in the great room. My husband and I both like them best when the ceiling space between the beams is the same color as the wall, so that is what we've told our builder we want. My problem is choosing wall colors. I was leaning toward SW Universal Khaki then I started to lean toward the lighter SW Relaxed Khaki. I'm so confused right now that I may decide to paint the whole first floor Relaxed Khaki and live in the house awhile and change rooms once I have a better feel. I know it will be pretty expensive to repaint the coffered ceilings if I don't like the wall color (which i am 90% sure I will like) so now I am kind of chickening out and thinking about painting the beams and the ceiling space both white. If I do this I will definitely be playing it safe and settling but I don't want to make a very expensive mistake. What do you think??? Also, if you're familiar with SW colors what is your opinion about Relaxed Khaki vs. Universal Khaki? Thanks, as always, for any advice.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio