SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
synrgystyk

Need window treatment ideas

synrgystyk
15 years ago

We're nearly done with our renovation/redecoration of what will be our master bedroom. The house is a late 1800s Victorian with heart pine woodwork and floors. So far we've stripped and refinished the woodwork and floors, repaired several areas where the plaster was bad (yes, we re-plastered), and painted the walls.

We're in the final stages of installing crown moulding and stenciling an ivy border below the crown. I'm also planning on adding a window seat and built-ins on the north wall where the radiator sits below the window.

Anyway, I'm stumped when it comes to window treatments. I've pretty much decided on pull-down shades rather than blinds, but I'm not sure what type of shades or if they'll be the only window treatment. My concerns are that I don't want to cover up the woodwork we worked so hard to strip and refinish (it was *months*!) and we have four cats -- two of whom see window treatments as feline jungle gyms.

Here're some pics of the room:

This is post-infrared stripper and pre-chemical stripper, and pre-wall repair.

This is the north wall. The radiator goes underneath the window; I want to build a window seat over the radiator and built-ins on either side.

Here's the west wall. It's done except for the shoe moulding between the floor and baseboard.

And here's a closeup of the stencil pattern:

I'd appreciate ideas on window treatments. Should I just stick with the shades? Maybe I can stencil them.... Add a valance inside the window frame? Help!

Thanks,

Lorree

Comments (5)