SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sadiev_gw

Window treatments - valances - advice please?

SadieV
12 years ago

I think I may have finally found the right fabric for window treatments, but I'm looking for your honest opinions and need advice on which style of valance would work. My walls are SW Svelte Sage. Excuse the bare areas, but we just finished a major remodel.

I have two large windows (60" and 90" wide)in the dining room which is open to the kitchen. That area is also open to an office/den area with 4 more large windows (3 that are 60" and 1 that is 90").

Dining area:

Den/office area:

Here are the fabrics I found. The brown one would be the face fabric, and I'm thinking about using the garnet one for accents (possibly piping and/or inside the pleats).

I was thinking about doing something similar to this style (with the garnet in the pleats) in the dining room, but wonder if maybe something with more gathers and/or using a decorative rod would be better:

and this style in the office/den area (with the garnet for the straps):

Okay - so, please give me your thoughts and advice. I'm planning to do the work myself, but would like a good book or pattern to lead me through the process. Any suggestions?

Comments (12)