Houzz Logo Print
vickey__mn

Looking for Birth Parent(s)

18 years ago

Looking for suggestions here in many areas.

DIL is thinking about looking for her birth parents. I want to encourage her, but also keep her aware that she may be set up for disappointment. I want to make sure she, at some point talks to her parents (adoptive, I consider them her parents). She has a good relationship with her dad, a rocky one with her mother. I would guess she should start with the place she was adopted through, but I was also thinking she should maybe see about joining a board to talk to others for advice? What do you think?

I have a LITTLE experience with this DD#1 was adopted by DH, she has met her sperm donor (that's what we call him because he is an a$$). He tried flittering in and out of her life for a while and it caused stress in her life, but she's come to terms with that part. But I think she needs to contact him again to get some medical info for future reference (I know his father died of cancer, and he suffers from depression, things she should know). But she doesn't want him to even try to contact her again, so I don't push that.

SOOOO back to the original subject...any suggestions?

Vickey-MN

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, Ohio