SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dekester

Miele 'dumb down' - okay I give!!! Balancing machine

deke
16 years ago

I have read about Miele's being dumb downed on here for a while and I could not understand all the fuss. However, I will concede on this one point. In the painstaking tweaking to get out any hint of vibration in my 1215 washer I had to run about 8 - 10 complete cycles (picked woolens to get 2nd highest spin rate in least time - 39 minutes). This involved watching the machine spin, tweak a foot half a turn, repeat, repeat... However, IF IF IF the machine had allowed for a simple rinse only + spin, I could have done this in 1/6th time time!!! Because it did not I had to wait 35 minutes each of the 8 to 10 times for the machine to spin! I see the new 5.5 kilo machines have rinse only so I guess this is good news for installers as well as, of course, those wanting a seperate rinse. If there is a way to get the machine to just spin, I may jump off the roof if you tell me now! :-)

P.S. Many threads here about vibration. The key is NOT leveling - it is getting close to level than making sure each foot bears equal weight. Level alone will not equal no vibration. Feel the feet as it spins. If a foot vibrates to the touch more than others tweak it (down in my case) a half turn or so and repeat. If that fails, try the foot opposite it on the diagonal. Again, it took me 8 - 10 tries but my unit now blasts at 1600 rpm and a very otherwise bouncy 100 year old kitchen floor and it is smooth as silk, even with a single beach towel (good test load). Is my machine now perfectly level you ask? Nope it is not, and the vibrations are gone.

Comments (12)