SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlinek

July, 2014: induction cooktop ... gas hybrid?

arlinek
9 years ago

I've been searching for "recent" discussions and haven't found too many ... is the interest in induction waning? Hope not. I've always cooked on gas cooktops and I'm willing to convert to induction, based on all the opinions here that I've read. However, I do *DO* some fancy cooking at times and sauce-making after roasting meat, turkey, etc. I definitely want to be able to make my sauces in the pans I've roasted something in for that wonderful fond and I *really* don't want to give up all of my favorite alum. pans that I do use. I also use a favorite aluminum/teflon 14" saute pan (11-1/4" base), but not too often. For MY situation, AM I better off either getting a combo induction/gas cooktop (not a stove) or perhaps two side-by-side vertical, front and back, units: one with two burners in gas and the other two induction? I have a 30" opening in my granite counter and if I HAD TO, I could enlarge it to 36" if absolutely necessary. I know about needing new pans/upgrading the power to 220/240V. It's just I'm wondering what's wrong with having the "best of both worlds"? What are the popular, recommended brands/models right now? Is there anyone using a hybrid stove top or two units like I am considering? Prefer asking this of real cooks and not necessarily in the appliance section (which had very little recent info btw). Thank you so much in advance.

Comments (5)