SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Can I make this ahead of time - and storing cilantro

lynnalexandra
15 years ago

I hope it's okay to ask for help when I haven't been around very much (I have done a bit of reading, but not much posting lately).

I'm going to the beach for the July 4 weekend and there will be a potluck at a friend's house. The place I'm staying has a tiny, ill-equipped kitchen - so I'm wondering what I can do ahead of time (tonight or Thursday morning) from home - and bring it there. I'm making a warm potato salad. I'll boil and slice the potatoes at my friend's house bc. I know that's best freshly mixed. It gets mixed with a dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and papper. Would I lose anything by making this dressing 1-2 days in advance?

It also gets mixed with cilantro and scallions. I'm assuming I should chop those just before mixing (and that it would lose something if chopped a day or two earlier). I washed the cilantro and it's drying - but I'm also unsure how to store it to keep it until Friday. Should it be completely dry and in a bag? Slightly damp? Well-sealed or open?

Thanks.

Lynn.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH